5 Reasons Why You Should Drink Pineapple Water
Did you know that pineapple water is great for fighting inflammation and, thanks to its diuretic properties, helps eliminate retained liquids?
From a nutritional standpoint, it’s one of the most nutritious fruits not only because of its vitamin and mineral content, but also for its enzymes, antioxidants and fiber.
People have cooked with pineapples since ancient times because of its flavor, both sweet and acidic, goes well with drinks, desserts and baked goods.
In addition, thanks to its medicinal properties, pineapple is a popular remedy for inflammation, digestive problems and other complications.
Though raw pineapple offers abundant health benefits, some people opt to prepare pineapple water to make the most of all of what it has to offer, from the pulp to its rind.
We know that a lot of our readers have been craving to try this drink. So, below we’ll tell you just how to make it and why you should include it in your daily diet.
Don’t miss out!
Pineapple water has become a delicious option for staying hydrated.
It helps meet your daily water needs and, it also boasts a boost of essential nutrients as well.
- ½ pineapple with rind
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- Cube the pineapple without cutting it out of its rind.
- Put the cubes into a pot with water and bring it to a boil over low heat, 5 minutes.
- Leave it to rest at room temperature or until the water has cooled.
- Strain the water and drink a glass on an empty stomach without any sugar or sweeteners.
- Portion the water to drink several times throughout the day.
Also read: Lose Weight Every Day with Pineapple Rind
Reasons to drink pineapple water regularly
Drinking this drink regularly can offer your body substantial health benefits.
While many people choose to drink pineapple water as a remedy, it can actually be a great preventative measure for certain problems that you can drink whenever you please.
1. It purifies
Preparing this pineapple beverage helps concentrate the fruit’s digestive enzymes that help purify the body.
These substances, in addition to being antioxidant compounds, help excretory organs, such as liver and kidneys, work more efficiently to remove waste from the body.
- They helps purify blood, improving the cellular oxygenation process.
- Thanks to a light laxative effect in the colon, they prevent constipation.
- They clean out residues left in the kidneys and prevent kidney stones.
2. Fights inflammation
Bromelain, which is the enzyme present in pineapples, acts as a natural anti-inflammatory for tissues. As a result, it reduces the pain related to inflammatory disorders.
This water’s concentration of bromelain can complement treatments for arthritis and bone diseases.
- It reduces excessive gas production and prevents abdominal swelling.
- The enzyme also reduces the accumulation of uric acid, which causes gout and kidney stones.
3. Hydrates the body
Pineapple water is one of the healthier drinks that can hydrate the body when it loses liquids and mineral salts.
It contains high levels of potassium and magnesium as well as essential minerals that regulate electrolyte levels to keep cells hydrated.
- Soothes thirst and regulates saliva’s pH.
- Improves blood circulation and helps keep body healthy overall.
- Keeps skin and hair hydrated.
- Prevents fatigue and cramps.
Also see: The Consequences of Dehydration
4. Fights liquid retention
Another of bromelain’s star benefits is that it acts as a natural diuretic for the body.
It’s a helpful quality for patients who are prone to retain liquids.
Pineapple’s diuretic properties help to prevent:
- High-blood pressure.
- Joint inflammation.
- Blood circulation problems.
5. Helps with weight loss
This natural drink is low in calories. Despite this, it contains natural sugars and essential nutrients that can help us lose weight.
- Its dietary fiber improves digestion and helps us feel full longer.
- The drink’s purifying action cleans the body and prevents disruptions in metabolism.
- It helps control lipid build-up as well as with its decomposition.
- The drink also helps the body use glucose as an energy source.
Did you know about the benefits of pineapple water? Now you know why it’s so popular. Try its amazing health benefits out for yourself.