5 Reasons to Eat Leeks with Your Dinner
Among its many benefits, eating leeks in the evening will facilitate the synthesis of nutrients and digestion as well as a peaceful and refreshing night's sleep.
If you think you don’t have enough reasons to eat leeks with your dinner you should read further. They are light, go well with many foods, and are nutritious and satisfying.
If you are one of those people who opts to eat a light dinner in order to avoid gaining weight, they are definitely your best option. Remember that dinner should be balanced and include a variety of foods, without neglecting to include all of the necessary nutrients to end the day well.
Dinner is not about just eating a bowl of cereal with milk. Our body needs to prepare itself to carry out important tasks of cleansing during the night. Because of this, we should not overload our body.
It’s important to include good foods at dinner to facilitate work and at the same time to promote adequate rest.
5 Reasons to Eat Leeks with Your Dinner
1. Include leeks in your dinners to lose weight
We discussed this above. If you wish to enjoy light but nutritious foods, it’s time to include leeks in your dinner.
- Leeks are composed of a large percentage of water. They hardly have any calories, but do contain a lot of fiber.
Also discover: Quinoa Risotto with Mushrooms Chicken and Leeks
- It’s interesting to know that in 100 grams of leeks there are almost 83 grams of water, 1 gram of protein, and 2 grams of dietary fiber. You have all the reasons to eat leeks with your dinner. It will give you adequate nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and vitamin K. You also receive minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, and manganese.
Combining this vegetable with a food that contains protein and other light vegetables will help you lose weight in a healthy way.
2. Caring for your digestion in order to rest better
This data is interesting: leeks are one of the few foods that contain prebiotics, a type of good bacteria that will allow better absorption of nutrients.
Leeks also take care of intestinal flora and stimulate the secretion of bile to improve our digestion. So don’t forget, leeks will make you sleep incredibly well, without gas, without bloating, and without a stuffed feeling.
3. Leeks fight infections
What do they taste like? It is a taste between garlic and onion. It is more subtle, but with a touch of sulfur that reminds us of the taste of medicinal foods. In fact, this is not a coincidence. Leeks have antibacterial properties. It’s not as potent as garlic, but both are composed similarly of something called aliinase.
Don’t forget to read: Cure Intestinal Infections with Three Natural Remedies
If we become accustomed to eating leeks at dinner, we will notice that we are healthier. Thanks to leeks we will be able to fight bacteria that affect our gastrointestinal tract.
4. Fight water retention
Dinner is important. Many of us don’t give it the importance it deserves and just eat anything.
- Eating foods high in calories or eating rich sauces will make us wake up with a heavy feeling. Liquid retention is related to lifestyle so it’s necessary to make small changes.
- Leeks are good for fighting water retention due to their balance of sodium and potassium.
- They are rich in fiber, which will easily help clear out toxins from our body.
- You’ll like to know that they are an indispensable element in dealing with uric acid. If they are consumed during the evening meal, they will more effectively do the job of cleansing toxins from the body.
5. Leeks to strengthen the immune system
Leeks are an excellent source of vitamin A, a fat-soluble vitamin also known as retinol. It takes part in the formation and maintenance of our cells, which takes care of our immune system.
- Vitamin C, vitamin K and magnesium in leeks help to strengthen our white blood cells. We should not forget that including leeks in our dinner reduces homocysteine in the blood.
- Homocysteine is an element that makes us vulnerable to heart and cerebrovascular diseases so it’s worth it to consider these points.
Healthy ways and more reasons to eat leeks
- Turkey breast with lemon
- Salmon with leek dressing
- Brown rice and broccoli
- Mix with shrimp and garlic
- Eat with peppers
- Purifying broth of celery, onion, and squash
- With light cream
Salads are good options too. Here are some examples:
- Leek and tofu salad with balsamic vinegar
- Leeks with tuna, tomato, tofu and carrot strips