5 Original DIY Lamp Designs
The lighting provided by these decorative lamps is perfect for when you want to create a unique space in your home.
Did you know that you can make your own decorative lamp designs from very simple and inexpensive objects? Best of all, most of these ideas are easy to adapt to your spaces and could work as ceiling lamps, table lamps, and even floor lamps.
In light of this phenomenon, we’ve decided to collect some of the best lamp designs at the moment to encourage you to create your own. We promise you don’t need to be a craft expert or have special tools for these. All you need to is find a place to put them!
DIY Decorate Lamp Designs
1-Paper and glitter
If you want to try a glamorous and easy project, this is the one for you. All you need is a Chinese paper lamp of any color, some spray-on glue, and a large container of glitter. We suggest choosing glitter that’s the same color as the paper lantern for the best results.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Place the lantern on several pages of newspaper.
- Shake the can of spray-on glue and moisten the entire surface.
- Sprinkle the glitter generously so that it achieves an even coverage.
- Let it dry for five to 10 minutes, then hold the lantern by the top and gently shake it. The excess glitter will fall onto the newspaper and you’ll be able to see if the lantern is fully covered or not. If not, spray some additional glue on the bare patches and sprinkle again with glitter.
- The final result will be a handmade shimmering ball.
For a really beautiful effect, we suggest using pastel or white paper lanterns. A pink glitter coating on pastel pink paper can be lovely. You can also combine two colors of glitter, such as white and silver.
Read also: 19 Creative Ways to Recycle Cans
2-Beaded necklaces and a cage
If you once had pet birds and still have the old cage, it’s time to put it to good use.
- Clean it, spray it with paint of any color you choose, and once it’s dried well proceed to glue silicone beads, bead strings, or fake pearls to the outside.
- For a modern finish, coat the entire project in a matte colored paint.
Decorative cloud lamp designs are all the rage at the moment.
- All you need to do is take a white paper lamp and glue some cotton balls on it, but not so densely to keep the light from easily filtering through. You can also use feathers instead of cotton.
You also don’t have to use a typical white paper lantern do make this type of project. There are plenty of other shapes you can use to explore your creativity to the max. It’s all about taking advantage of whatever your working with in the best possible way.
4-Use a food grater
These decorative lamps are very original and are great for daring designers. They combine the modern and rustic looks.
All you need is a stainless steel food grater and a can of spray paint (we suggest using matte black, which will give the impression of antique iron).
- Apply a couple layers of paint, let it dry, and hang this lantern anywhere you desire.
5-String and toilet paper tubes
Here’s all you need to do for this fun and easy craft:
- Take old toilet paper rolls, line them with a layer of silicone, and connect them using string or rope.
- Once they’re covered, let them dry for 10 to 15 minutes before linking them together with more silicone.
- This will allow you to create any shapes you want.
Don’t miss this article: Uses for Recycled Tin Cans
The lighting provided by these decorative lamps is very faint, so it’s not a good idea to use any of them as reading lamps or the main light source for a room. On the other hand, if you want to add a little magic and whimsy to a room, these are surefire ways to do it!