Nighttime hot flashes are a common symptom, especially during menopause, characterized by an uncomfortable feeling of hotness, sweating and reddening of the skin.
Its appearance is related to hormonal changes found in women, but can also be the result of climatic factors and some illnesses.
Although it is not a serious health problem, those who suffer from night time hot flashes look for solutions because they can interrupt their sleep and, long-term, cause fatigue and anxiety.
The good news is that they can be treated naturally if we combine some ingredients rich in nutrients and benefits.
We want to take this opportunity to give you 5 delicious smoothies so that you do not have to worry when this problem arises.
Try them out!
Blueberry and soy milk smoothie
This homemade blueberry and soy milk smoothie has a high concentration of antioxidants that can help control night time hot flashes.
Soy milk contains phytoestrogens that help to counter hormonal imbalances that can result in night time hot flashes.
However, this is not recommended for patients with thyroid problems as it could have negative effects.
- 1 cup of blueberries (75 g)
- 2 cups of soy milk (500 ml)
- Put blueberries in a blender and mix in the soy milk until you have smoothie consistency
- Divide the smoothie into 2 or 3 glasses and drink them throughout the day. Do this at least 3 times a week.
2. Spinach and carrot smoothie
The spinach and carrot smoothie is a drink rich in bioflavonoids, fiber, and essential minerals, all of which are recommended for dealing with excessive sweating and heat sensation.
These nutrients help to regulate hormonal activity and, with time, strengthen the immune system.
- 2 carrots
- 6 spinach leaves
- 1 tomato
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Cut up the carrots and mix them in a blender with the spinach, tomato, and celery. Add in the cup of water to achieve a liquid.
- Be sure to blend the ingredients well so that there are no lumps.
- Serve soon after making it. Consume 2 glasses a day.
3. Strawberry and almond milk smoothie
Rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants, this delicious smoothie is a great option for fighting night time hot flashes and other symptoms that can result from hormonal imbalances.
Its properties help maintain optimal energy levels and, with time, reduce anxiety and insomnia.
- 7 fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of almond milk (200 ml)
- Wash the strawberries well and blend them with the glass of almond milk
- Be sure that the liquid is well mixed and drink right after making
- Drink two to three hours before bed
4. Pineapple, banana and oat smoothie
This delicious pineapple, banana and oat smoothie is a nutritional drink that helps reduce hot flashes at night and other problems that occur during menopause.
It contains fiber, antioxidants, and natural enzymes that, together, help to reestablish hormonal activity.
And, if that wasn’t enough, this combination of ingredients aids with digestive health because it helps in cases of inflammation and constipation.
- 3 slices of pineapple
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of oats (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds (10 g)
- Cut up the pineapple and mix it in the blender with the banana, oats and flax seeds
- Process everything for a few minutes, or until you have a well-mixed smoothie
- Drink soon after making, twice a day
5. Papaya, orange and strawberry smoothie
The combination of papaya, orange and strawberry gives us a refreshing smoothie that, when drank regularly, helps to fight hot flashes and night sweats.
Made with an interesting combination of bioflavonoids and natural enzymes, this smoothie will help to reduce hormonal problems and lymphatic difficulties.
- 2 slices of papaya
- Juice from 6 oranges
- 5 strawberries
- Cut the slices of papaya into various pieces and mix them in the blender with the orange juice and strawberries
- Process everything for a couple of minutes until you have a drink without lumps
- Drink 2 or 3 hours before going to bed
Do hot flashes at night keep you awake? If you are bothered with this issue frequently, do something about it by trying any of the mentioned smoothies and discover their benefits for yourself.