5 Natural Smoothies To Help With Nighttime Hot Flashes
Besides helping with hot flashes, these natural smoothies are also useful in combating night sweats and other problems relating to sleep thanks to their natural ingredients. Try them!
Nighttime hot flashes are a common symptom during menopause. These are characterized by an uncomfortable feeling of hotness, sweating, and reddening of the skin.
Its appearance is related to hormonal changes in women’s bodies, but can also be the result of climatic factors and some illnesses.
Although it is not a serious health problem, those who suffer from nighttime hot flashes look for solutions because they can interrupt their sleep and, long-term, cause fatigue and anxiety.
The good news, however, is that you can treat them naturally if you combine some ingredients rich in nutrients and benefits.
We want to take this opportunity to give you 5 delicious smoothies so that you do not have to worry when nighttime hot flashes arise.
Try them out!
1. Blueberry and soy milk smoothie for nighttime hot flashes
This homemade blueberry and soy milk smoothie has a high concentration of antioxidants that can help control nighttime hot flashes.
However, this is not recommended for patients with thyroid problems as it could have negative effects.
- 1 cup of blueberries (75 g)
- 2 cups of soy milk (500 ml)
- Put blueberries in a blender and mix in the soy milk until you have smoothie consistency
- Then, divide the smoothie into 2 or 3 glasses and drink them throughout the day. Do this at least 3 times a week.
2. Spinach and carrot smoothie
The spinach and carrot smoothie is a drink rich in bioflavonoids, fiber, and essential minerals, all of which are recommended for dealing with excessive sweating and heat sensation. Thus, it’s ideal to treat nighttime hot flashes.
Additionally, these nutrients help to regulate hormonal activity and, with time, strengthen the immune system.
You might also like:
- 2 carrots
- 6 spinach leaves
- 1 tomato
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Cut up the carrots and mix them in a blender with the spinach, tomato, and celery. Then, add in the cup of water to achieve a liquid.
- Be sure to blend the ingredients well so that there are no lumps.
- Serve soon after making it. Consume 2 glasses a day.
3. Strawberry and almond milk smoothie
Rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants, this delicious smoothie is a great option for fighting nighttime hot flashes and other symptoms that can result from hormonal imbalances.
Its properties help maintain optimal energy levels and, with time, can also reduce anxiety and insomnia.
- 7 fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of almond milk (200 ml)
- Wash the strawberries well and blend them with the glass of almond milk
- Make sure that the liquid is well mixed and drink right after making
- Drink two to three hours before bed
4. Pineapple, banana and oat smoothie
This delicious pineapple, banana and oat smoothie is a nutritional drink that helps reduce nighttime hot flashes and other problems that occur during menopause.
It contains fiber, antioxidants, and natural enzymes that, together, help to reestablish hormonal activity.
And, if that wasn’t enough, this combination of ingredients aids with digestive health because it helps in cases of inflammation and constipation.
We recommend you also read:
- 3 slices of pineapple
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of oats (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds (10 g)
- Cut up the pineapple and mix it in the blender with the banana, oats and flax seeds
- After, process everything for a few minutes, or until you have a well-mixed smoothie
- Drink soon after making, twice a day
5. Papaya, orange and strawberry smoothie
The combination of papaya, orange and strawberry gives us a refreshing smoothie that, when drunk regularly, helps to fight hot flashes and night sweats.
With an interesting combination of bioflavonoids and natural enzymes, this smoothie will help to reduce hormonal problems and lymphatic difficulties.
- 2 slices of papaya
- Juice from 6 oranges
- 5 strawberries
- Cut the slices of papaya into various pieces and mix them in the blender with the orange juice and strawberries
- Then, process everything for a couple of minutes until you have a drink without lumps
- Drink 2 or 3 hours before going to bed
Do hot flashes at night keep you awake? If you experience this issue frequently, do something about it by trying any of the mentioned smoothies and discover their benefits for yourself.