5 Natural Remedies for High Blood Pressure
In order to know if we have high blood pressure or not, we'll need to see the doctor for a check-up. After, improving our diet will help us control it
Though we can prevent this condition, we’ll always have a risk of getting it. To treat high blood pressure, natural remedies are an option that we should have available.
What is high blood pressure?
High blood pressure, or hypertension, is the increased force in blood circulation. The speed at which blood travels is higher than normal, which can lead significant circulatory problems.
High blood pressure is linked to bad cholesterol (LDL) and often starts to be a problem for people when they reach the age of 55.
To prevent this condition, you should review your family history as genetics play an important role in determining your chances of having high blood pressure.
What are the symptoms of high blood pressure?
The most common symptoms of hypertension include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Reddened face
- Blurry face
- Chest pain
You should have your blood pressure checked if you have any suspicions. A blood pressure monitor can accurately measure levels.
The monitor shows systolic pressure (the arterial blood pressure) and diastolic pressure (that measures the pressure when the heart rests in between beats).
You should review your pressure levels with your doctor to understand what kind of treatment will best suit your needs.
How can you prevent hypertension?
There’s no cure for this condition, thus, prevention is key. In order to prevent hypertension, you should reduce your salt intake and exercise frequently. These lifestyle changes are a big help for your cardiovascular health.
You should also follow a balanced diet that’s rich in fruits and vegetables. Furthermore, aim to eliminate or reduce tobacco and alcohol use.
Natural remedies for treating high blood pressure
Natural remedies are always a good option for treating this condition. Using natural remedies is an important step as in some cases, symptoms may appear unexpectedly.
People with high blood pressure should also have something on hand for treatment. Some of the remedies are:
Garlic can reduce blood pressure by 8%. It has antioxidant properties that improve skin and the nervous system. We can use garlic for a wide variety of natural remedies.
- You should eat one clove of garlic daily as a treatment for hypertension. So, it’ll help to keep a jar of peeled garlic cloves in the fridge and ready.
- Instead of swallowing or chewing a garlic clove, you can soak it in a glass of water for one night.
- You can mix the water with lemon juice and drink it on an empty stomach. It’ll help stabilize your stomach’s pH in addition to helping your digestion.
2. Parsley and lemon blend
Process an entire lemon together with parsley and drink it on an empty stomach. This remedy prevents high blood pressure as both ingredients are diuretics. They eliminate retained liquids that cause pressure.
- Other helpful method is drinking lemon juice with warm water in the mornings, on an empty stomach.
Eating oats can reduce cholesterol by 5% in addition to fighting hypertension. Oats also contribute in regulating blood circulation.
- Boil water and add the oats, then leave to sit. You should drink at least one liter of this oat water daily.
Also see: 13 Reasons to Eat Oats Every Morning
We can find magnesium chloride in foods such as beets or nuts and use it as a treatment for hypertension.
You can also find it in pharmacies and natural-food stores.
- For its preparation, add 33 grams of magnesium chloride (2 tablespoons) to one liter of boiling water.
- Drink a small glass on an empty stomach daily.
- This is a prevention method. A magnesium chloride deficiency increases the risk of having high blood pressure.
In addition to magnesium, this root contains potassium, iron, sodium, calcium, phosphate and zinc. Eating beets frequently can boast many benefits for the body.
Thanks to its characteristic and flavor, it’s easy to eat beets. From salads to smoothies, there are many ways to include beets to your diet and benefit from its properties.
- When it comes to fighting high blood pressure, drinking beet juice on an empty stomach can maximize results.
- All you need to do is boil, blend and drink the beets.
Hypertension can mean a lot of health risks. Do what you can to prevent it.