5 Natural Makeup Removers that Double as Facial Treatments
In addition to removing makeup, using these natural ingredients will help you take advantage of all the benefits that they have for your skin, thus, improving your complextion
If we skip this step, we’d interfere with the skin’s cellular regeneration process by leaving on cosmetic products. After some time following the bad habit, the skin can suffer blemishes.
Though it might seem harmless, sleeping with makeup on blocks our pores and increases the risk of having acne and other skin problems.
This is exactly why, even if we’re tired, it’s essential to take a few minutes to thoroughly clean our skin and remove any residue on its surface.
We know that many of us out there might not have a makeup remover or commercial cleansing product on hand. So, we’d like to share 5 natural treatments that can help.
How about giving them a try at home?
1. Honey and oats treatment
By combining honey and oats, we can make a cleansing cream to remove makeup and impurities that build up after a long day.
Its hydrating and antioxidant components regenerate the skin and, with time, regulate oil production.
- 1 tablespoon of oats (10 g)
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g)
- Add oats into a bowl and mix it with the tablespoons of honey until a thick paste forms.
- Moisten face and apply the cream with gentle, circular movements.
- Leave on for 10 minutes and wash off.
- Use each night to remove makeup.
We recommend that you read: 3 Remedies with Oats to Reduce Cholesterol
2. Aloe-vera and almond oil treatment
Ir you’re looking to remove makeup from your face while, over time, regenerate your skin and prevent wrinkles, don’t miss out on trying this homemade aloe-vera and almond oil cream.
Rich in fatty acids, antioxidants and amino-acids, this cleansing treatment helps maintain healthy and protected skin.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe-vera gel (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of almond oil (30 g)
- Extract the gel from the aloe-vera and mix it with the almond oil.
- Spread the mixture onto face, rubbing it in with gentle, circular motions.
- Wipe off the excess with a damp towel or simply wash off.
- Use daily or as needed.
3. Coconut oil and honey treatment
Thanks to its high content of hydrating compounds, this coconut and honey treatment is a great option for removing makeup from skin-types that tend to be drier.
Its fatty-acids and antioxidants help to regenerate skin cells. In addition, after removing makeup, they leave behind soft and bright skin.
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- Combine the organic coconut oil with a tablespoon of honey.
- Rub the product in all over your skin and leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water to complete the cleanse.
4. Rose water and cucumber treatment
Mixing rose water and cucumber not only allows us to remove makeup residue that accumulate on our skin, but it helps firm and tone our eyelids and cheeks over time.
- 6 tablespoons of rose water (60 ml)
- 3 slices of cucumber
- Put all the ingredients in a food processes and blend until a homogeneous paste forms.
- Rub in the mixture all over your face using gentle, circular motions.
- Leave it to work for 5 minutes and water off with cold water.
Also read: Rose Water Recipes for Beautifying Your Face
5. Petroleum jelly and sugar treatment
The greasy texture of petroleum jelly makes it for a skin-care product that makes makeup removal a snap.
For this recipe, we suggest that you add a little coarse sugar to give the treatment an exfoliating and regenerating effect.
- 1 tablespoon of petroleum jelly (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon of coarse sugar (12 g)
- Put the petroleum jelly in a jar and mix with coarse sugar until a grainy paste forms.
- Rub the product in over your skin using gentle, circular motions for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Wash of with plenty of water and use it every time when you need to remove your makeup.
Want to show off soft, renewed skin? Although there are many makeup removers out there, you can try one of the treatments in our article that are 100% natural.
Using them will not only help you remove the residue left behind cosmetic products, but also improve your complexion and protect it from harm over time.
The best thing is that if you compare these to their commercial counterparts, you’ll be saving money and getting more benefits.