5 Mayonnaise Hair Masks for Luxuriously Soft Hair
If you want your hair to look healthy and beautiful, a balanced diet and good beauty routine is key. Why not try some homemade hair masks to enhance your routine?
For beautiful, luxurious hair, you need good hair care products, a good diet, and some special treatments every once in a while to deeply nourish your hair. For that, mayonnaise hair masks can be a great option.
Neglected hair is dull and hungry. To heal your hair, there are lots of mayonnaise-based options that are easy to make at home.
Homemade mayonnaise masks
1. Mayonnaise and egg hair mask for a nutrition boost
Our mayonnaise hair masks are great for extra dry hair, especially this one made with eggs. After applying it, leave it on for several hours for the best results.
This mask boasts the following benefits for your hair:
- Gives shine and life to your hair.
- Eliminates dryness and nourishes your scalp.
- Eggs contain antioxidants and proteins that strengthen hair from root to end.
- Using this mask will result in fewer tangles.
- 1 whole egg.
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Beat the egg until it’s uniform in color.
- Beat in the mayonnaise.
- When the ingredients are completely combined, separate hair into several sections and apply the mask using a small brush.
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
2. Mayonnaise and vitamin E mask for shiny hair
This mayonnaise and vitamin E mask is wonderful if you want shiny, silky hair. Vitamin E can help nourish it from the roots to the tips, which helps prevent hair loss. This mask is ideal for dry hair or people with dandruff.
Use this mask at least once a month if you have dry hair, but skip it entirely if your hair is oily.
- 1 egg white.
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E, or the contents of 3 capsules.
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- Mix the ingredients together, adding one at a time, with a wooden spoon.
- Heat up the mayonnaise over low heat until the edges look a little transparent.
- Apply the mixture, going in the direction of roots to tips, using a comb or a brush.
- Leave on for 25 minutes.
- Wash off with warm or room-temperature water.
3. Basic mayonnaise mask
Out of all the mayonnaise hair masks out there, this one is the simplest. It nourishes your scalp, softens your hair, helps with dryness, and enhances your hair’s natural shine.
- 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Apply to dry hair.
- Leave on for 15 minutes, then wash off.
We recommend that you read: 10 Reasons Why You Might Be Experiencing Hair Loss
4. Mayonnaise, egg and coffee mask
This is another mayonnaise mask that is good for dry hair and dandruff. Use this mask if you notice that your hair follicles are inflamed, as caffeine can help blood circulation.
- ½ cup of mayonnaise.
- 1 egg.
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee.
- Beat the egg and add gradually to the mayonnaise.
- Stir well and add the coffee.
- Apply the mask, going from the roots to the tips, while massaging your scalp.
- After coating all of your hair, leave it on for the entire night.
- Wash off the following day with cold water and sulfate-free shampoo.
- Use the mask two times a week until dandruff disappears. You can also opt to use it once a week depending on your needs.
5. Mayonnaise and strawberry mask for oily hair
Is your hair too oily? Since most mayonnaise masks are very moisturizing, skip the ones above if you’re looking for oil-control.
But fortunately, you can still benefit from mayonnaise. However, you’ll need an acidic ingredient, which will be strawberries in this case. Strawberries help deeply clean your hair and unclog hair follicles.
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- 10 medium strawberries.
- Mash the strawberries or use a food processor.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix well.
- Apply to dry hair, going from the roots to the tips.
- Leave on for 2o minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
Which hair mask will you use? Now you have a variety of options to choose from.