5 Kiwi Smoothies You Really Need to Try
In addition to being rich in vitamin C and fiber, kiwis are a fruit with high amounts of minerals and antioxidants that will energize and revitalize you. Check out these 5 delicious kiwi smoothies!
Kiwi is a fruit originally from China that currently is grown successfully in many different parts of the world. Additionally, it’s low in calories, rich in fiber, and has high levels of vitamins and minerals that are very beneficial to your health. Take advantage of that with these 5 kiwi smoothies!
You might like: 8 Benefits Of Kiwis That You Should Know About
Kiwi is excellent at strengthening your immune system and helping you keep a balanced diet. Additionally, eating just one kiwi a day will provide almost all of the vitamins your body needs, but that’s not all.
Thanks to its antioxidants, kiwis help protect cells from degenerative aging processes. Moreover, if you’re pregnant, it helps prevent deformities in the fetus and help keep your uterus healthy thanks to high levels of folic acid.
Now that you know kiwis are so good for your health, how about making delicious kiwi smoothies?
5 Delicious and Nutritious Kiwi Smoothies
1. Kiwi Smoothie with Banana and Apple
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 kiwis
- 3 red apples of your choice
- Half a cup of milk (200 ml)
- Honey, sweetener, or sugar
- To make this delicious kiwi smoothie, peel the bananas as well as the kiwis, and core and chop the apples.
- Then, once the fruit is prepared, add them to a blender and mix well.
- Finally, serve cold and enjoy.
You might like: 4 Banana Smoothies to Fight Fluid Retention and Lose Weight
2. Kiwi Spinach Smoothie
- 2 medium-sized kiwis
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of cold soy milk (200 ml)
- Honey or sweetener (1 tablespoon/25 g)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (10 g)
- First, peel the kiwis and wash the spinach well.
- Then, put all ingredients in a blender and process very well until smooth.
- If the mixture seems thick, just add a little soy milk at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Finally, serve in a glass, sprinkle a few chia seeds on top, and enjoy!
3. Kiwi Pineapple Smoothie with Orange and Coconut
- Two slices of fresh or canned pineapple
- A medium kiwi
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon of grated coconut (10 g)
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice (or syrup, if canned) (100 ml)
- Water (as necessary)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Honey or sugar (optional)
- First, peel the orange and kiwi.
- Next, cut the pineapple, kiwi, and orange into pieces to make blending easier.
- Then, add all the ingredients except for the coconut to a blender and blend, adding water in small amounts until you get your desired consistency.
- Next, strain the mixture and add a little sweetness with honey (or sugar, if you prefer).
- Finally, serve in a glass with ice cubes, add the spoonful of grated coconut, and enjoy!
4. Kiwi Detox Smoothie
- 1 medium-sized cucumber
- An apple
- 1 medium-sized kiwi
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- The juice of half a lime
- 1 small slice of ginger
- Walnuts or nuts of your choice (optional)
- First, peel the kiwi and wash the spinach well.
- Then, put all the ingredients except the nuts in a blender and mix well.
- Finally, once blended, serve in a glass and add the nuts of your choice to give it a unique texture.
5. Kiwi Papaya Smoothie
- 1/2 cup of ripe papaya (100 g)
- 1 medium-sized kiwi
- Water (as necessary)
- Ice (optional)
- First, peel the papaya, remove its seeds, and cut into pieces.
- Next, peel the kiwi, cut into pieces and add it to the blender.
- Then, mix everything well while adding water bit by bit until you get a consistency you like.
- Finally, you can add ice to the blender and make this smoothie like a slushy if you prefer.
Things to Keep in Mind with Kiwi Smoothies
All you have to do is pick your favorite kiwi smoothie and give your body a boost!
Additionally, all of them are packed with immense amounts of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to take your energy to the next level.
You can make them even healthier by substituting refined sugar for a little honey, stevia, or even better, leaving out sweeteners altogether.
Keep in mind that, like everything in the kitchen, it’s about using your creativity and finding nutritious combinations that pique your interest. Additionally, this could be a perfect opportunity to add vegetables that you normally wouldn’t eat.
Furthermore, remember that kiwi smoothies can’t replace a balanced diet. As much as these are loaded with health benefits, they don’t provide all the nutrients that make up a complete diet.
Lastly, if you are considering making a drastic change to your diet, it’s always best to see your primary care doctor.