5 Ideas for a More Welcoming and Relaxing Bedroom
We mustn't forget that the bedroom is a place for rest, so we must do our best not to fill it with objects that may get in the way of this purpose.
We could say, without a doubt, that the bedroom’s one of the places in the house where we spend the most hours each day. Moreover, these are very important hours when it comes to our wellbeing. They determine our rest, intimacy, and also the relationship we have with our partner.
For all these aspects to flow perfectly, we must take into account factors such as lighting, colors, humidity, ventilation and aromas.
You might like: 5 Techniques for Painting Your Home
In this article, we will give you the 5 keys that will make your bedroom more relaxing and inviting. They will positively affect your well-being and help you sleep better. This way, you will wake up in a good mood and with more energy.
1. Proper lighting
Lighting is fundamental to our feeling of wellbeing.
- If you have a bedroom with plenty of natural light, it helps a lot.
- If you don’t, you should look for warm light lamps, like Himalayan salt lamps. These give off an orange-red colored light.
- You can also put large candles in different areas of the room to light on special occasions.
- If your room is very dark, try to use white or light colors as much as possible and, in addition, we will opt for a space as uncluttered as possible.
- On the other hand, things are different if you have a large, luminous room. In this case, you can play with decorative elements, soft lights, and darker colors. Otherwise, the room might look a bit empty.
2. The right colors
There are several things to should keep in mind when it comes time to paint the walls. Be conscious of the fact that is not just about aesthetics. The color of the walls also affects our mood.
For a bedroom, we recommend that you always consider your objective. There are countless ways of adding color to your room. You can paint a wall or a part of a wall. You can also add a touch of color with decorative elements. These could be decorative pillows, sheets, paintings, etc…
We recommend adding the following colors in moderation:
- Orange: This is a good color if we want the room to be warm and happy or increase creativity.
- Green: This color gives balance and serenity.
- Blue: This color fights stress and is very relaxing. It is also good for fighting insomnia.
- Purple: This is the color of spirituality.
- Red: this is a stimulating, aphrodisiac color. But don’t go overboard with it.
3. Organize, clean, and ventilate your bedroom
You can’t get a healthy, welcoming room without this. Your rooms need to be organized, cleaned, and ventilated every day. If your bedroom is messy, it’ll be impossible to rest well while you’re in it.
- We recommend using natural products with neutral smells for cleaning. We can also use natural cleaners like lemon and baking soda. These are equally effective as chemical products and they don’t have any negative effects on your health.
- You should air out your room every day. This can also be done again at night if you want.
- If you don’t have a good ventilation system, you can install a ceiling fan.
Additionally, you should take humidity into account. If the bedroom is too humid, it’s wise to use a dehumidifier. This will help you to regulate the humidity levels and prevent health problems.
You might like: How to Purify Bacteria in Your Air
4. A minimalist bedroom is key
The bedroom is the one room of the house that should be minimalist. You should avoid having too many objects and try to get rid of things you don’t use anymore. Also, it’s a good idea to have a good storage system, like boxes under your bed. This way, you don’t have too many things in sight.
You should also keep work out of your bedroom. Many people like to have a desk where they can work on their laptops. However, it is better to separate your bedroom from any other activities.
As an interesting suggestion, we also recommend putting the head of your bed pointing north. This may help you get better sleep.
At the same time, you shouldn’t put up any mirrors that reflect your bed. These are some of the basic principles of the science of Feng Shui that can be very beneficial.
5. A personalized aroma
What does your bedroom smell like? Every home has a particular smell. This depends on the cleaning products you use, your furniture, and other elements.
However, it is important to find a smell that you like and benefits you the most. You can achieve this by using aromatic candles or essential oils in your bedroom. Some essential oils you might use are:
- For a more relaxing space: Lavender, chamomile, and jasmine
- Stimulating or aphrodisiac properties: Cinnamon, vanilla, and ginger
- For a clean, fresh feeling: Lemon, and mint
- To boost your mood and bring happiness: Orange, mandarin, lemon, and grapefruit
- For a romantic environment: Rose, jasmine, and witch hazel
- Antiseptic and antibacterial properties: Tea tree oil, eucalyptus, lemon, and lavender
These are very simple tips that we can follow to improve our night’s rest. Put them into practice and you’ll notice that the results are very beneficial.