Five Types of Food that Are Ideal to Cleanse the Colon
A healthy diet and drinking enough water throughout the day are the most important things you can do cleanse the color and optimize its functioning.
Do you know what the best types of food to cleanse the colon are? Here’s a hint: they’re rich in fiber and water. Continue reading to find out why and much more.
The colon ─also known as the large intestine─ is about 5 feet long and is the end of the digestive system. It can become damaged and have difficulty performing its functions without proper nutrition and manifest as constipation, irritation, and inflammation.
For this reason, it is important to increase the consumption of wholesome food that helps cleanse it effectively and eliminate any ailments. Are you ready to find out what are the most ideal ones for this purpose? Continue reading then!
Apples are one of the best sources of fiber with which to cleanse the colon. In fact, some sources highlight it as a digestive. This is because its fiber content helps relieve problems such as constipation.
According to a study published in 2016, the pectin contained in apples modulates the intestinal microbiota and, in turn, decreases the risk of obesity.
- 2 c. of water
- An apple of any color
- 1 tbsp. of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. of flaxseed
- Optional: 1 tbsp. of honey
- First, put the flaxseed and chia seeds to soak in water for at least 6 hours
- Then, wash the apple and chop it into pieces, removing the seeds
- Next, put the soaked seeds and the water in a blender
- Add the apple and the honey
- Then, blend for one minute
- Pour the drink into a jug
- Leave it to sit for 3 hours in the fridge
- Drink one or two glasses first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for one week
Celery is rich in water and fiber, and also contains other nutrients ─although in smaller quantities─ such as vitamins A, B and C, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and fiber. These components make it one of the best depurative of the organism, capable of cleansing the colon.
In addition, its antioxidants are key to fighting free radical production, according to research in the Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine.
- 2 carrots
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 c. of water
- 1 tbsp. of flaxseed
- First, wash the celery and the carrots to clean any dirt left on them
- Then, chop up the celery and carrots into small pieces
- Grind the linseeds in a bowl until they become a powder
- Incorporate all the ingredients in the blender and process them until you have a uniform mixture
- Pour it into a jug and leave it to sit for 40 minutes
- Finally, drink one to two glasses of this natural juice with your breakfast each morning for five days
This tropical fruit is rich in sugars, fiber, and papain. This enzyme not only helps with our natural digestion of foods but also:
- Promotes gastrointestinal movement
- In addition, it resolves constipation and diarrhea problems
- Reinforces bacterial flora
- 1/2 papaya
- 1/2 c. yogurt
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- Firstly, separate the papaya from its skin, remove the seeds and chop it into small pieces
- Put the pieces of papaya in a bowl and add the yogurt and honey
- Eat this as a dessert once a day for a week
Oats are an excellent source of fiber, which makes them ideal for cleansing the colon naturally. Specialists from the Spanish Nutrition Foundation indicate the following:
It’s a source of low-cost protein and has a high fiber content (…) As for micronutrients, oats have a high content of iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, thiamine (vitamin B1), vitamin B6, and folates, as well as a source of potassium and vitamin E.
Find out what are the Seven Telltale Signs You’re Not Drinking Enough Water
Likewise, avocado contains enormous amounts of vitamin K, folic acid, vitamin B, and omega 3 fatty acids. These components aren’t only capable of cleansing the colon, but can also regulate and protect the microbiota, which helps you attain proper digestion.
This is because these are lipids with anti-inflammatory capacity. At least according to a study published in the journal Biochemical Society Transactions, which is useful when struggling with evacuation and systemic problems.
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Firstly, cut the avocado in half and remove the seed
- Separate the avocado pulp from the skin, place it in a bowl and crush it with a fork
- Then, add the apple cider vinegar
- Stir to a homogeneous mixture
- Enjoy it as a spread on crackers at least three times a week
Water is another great ally to cleanse the colon
This substance is the best ally for the proper functioning of the whole organism, all you have to do is drink it throughout the day:
- Firstly, it regulates body temperature.
- And hydrates every part of the body
- And loosens any stuck waste
As you can see, water is extremely important for intestinal cleansing and healing processes. Thus, it’s of vital importance to drink enough of it daily — A quart at least.
Improve your diet in order to cleanse your colon
You’ll manage to control colon problems easily just by adding these types of food into your diet as a complement. However, it’s important to consult a doctor who can diagnose and treat any ailments you might have.