If you aren’t happy with how your hair turned out after dying it, then you can take advantage of the properties of some natural ingredients to help remove it.
Many people dye their hair, but sometimes it doesn’t turn out the way they expected. Choosing the right color can be a complicated task, but luckily there are options to remove hair dye if you didn’t get the results you wanted.
There are many homemade solutions that can you remove hair dye. Here in this article, you can learn how to make 5 of them.
Why remove hair dye?
Its normal for people not to feel satisfied with their new hair color. This usually takes place because people don’t apply the dye onto white hair, and the results will be based on their previous hair color.
This causes unwanted combinations that may end up being a waste of time and money. So when this happens, you can apply the following easy-to-apply solutions to get the dye out or your hair.
Olive or coconut oil have wetting properties that work well to treat damaged hair. If you use them hot, they will help wash out the hair dye while moisturizing your hair. You should keep in mind that most bleaching products tend to dry out hair.
- 2 cups of olive or coconut oil (500 ml)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
What to do
- Heat the coconut or olive oil in a boiling water bath until it’s warm.
- Wash your hair well and remove the excess water.
- Apply the oil from root to tips, wrap it up in a towel, and let it sit for one hour.
- Rinse with warm water.
Read this article too: 6 Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Hair stylists recommend vinegar baths because they relieve skin problems, reduce odors, and make your hair shiny and soft. Likewise, using it in dyed hair will help strip the hair color away. Mixing it with olive oil moisturizes hair even more and gives excellent results.
- 2 cups of vinegar (500 ml)
- 2 cups of olive oil (500 ml)
What to do
- In a container, mix the olive oil and vinegar and set aside.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and, after lightening it, apply the mixture as a conditioner and leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water. You should apply the mixture every time you wash your hair to get rid of all the artificial color.
Vitamin C tablets
This remedy is really simple and cheap because you will only need two ingredients. The best part of all is that it doesn’t damage your hair. However, this remedy doesn’t work when your hair was dyed with ammonia dyes.
- 1 shampoo bottle
- 2 tablespoons of water (30 ml)
- 3 effervescent vitamin C tablets
What to do
- Dissolve the vitamin C tablets in some water.
- Pour the mixture into the shampoo bottle and use it when you wash your hair for at least a week to see results.
Check out this article too: 8 Symptoms of a Vitamin C Deficiency
Stylists don’t recommend using detergent frequently powder to wash your hair because it tends to dry it out. However, it can be a good ally to remove hair dye. If you choose to use it, remember to not apply a lot of it or use it too often. Furthermore, after using it, apply a high quality conditioner to counteract the dryness.
- 1 tablespoon of laundry detergent powder (15 g)
- A lot of water
What to do
- Wet your hair and apply powder detergent from root to tips.
- Scrub gently and leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- Apply the conditioner and let it sit for 5 minutes because detergent dries hair out, so the conditioner will counteract the damage.
- You’ll see good results within one week by doing it every other day.
Lemon has multiple uses and one of them is good for lightening hair. It’s also unpredictable, because it’ll only lighten the tone of your hair.
Since it’s a citrus fruit, you should be very careful to not get it in your eyes or on an open wound.
- The juice of 5 lemons
- 4 or 5 tablespoons of water (60 or 75 ml)
What to do
- Wash your hair with shampoo as normally do.
- When it foams enough, add the lemon juice and massage.
- Leave it on for about 5 minutes and rinse with water.
- Apply conditioner and let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse with water. You can repeat this process as many times as you want. It’ll take a while to see results, but they’ll be permanent.
You should keep in mind that if you apply any product excessively, you may damage your hair. In order to prevent further damage, it’s a good idea to use natural remedies and to always keep it moisturized so it remains healthy and shiny.
Applying home remedies to remove hair dye is a healthy and non-invasive option. They won’t damage your hair, but strengthen it instead.