Five Natural Homemade Conditioners for Shiny Hair
Homemade cosmetics are a fantastic option to avoid using harmful chemicals and get the hair you want. Try these recipes!
Making homemade cosmetics, including conditioners, is very popular right now, mostly because they are relatively cheaper and can be completely natural.
These substances can be detrimental to your health and have negative effects on your hair.
Discover the 5 best homemade natural conditioners to get shiny, soft, and silky hair.
What you should know about conditioners
Manufactured conditioners contain chemicals and other petroleum products that penetrate the skin through the pores and enter the bloodstream. This can be detrimental to your health.
In addition, these components only provide you with satisfactory results when you use them in your hair.
After using a regular conditioner, your hair can become dirtier rather quickly.
In the long run, these conditioners alter your natural sebum production patterns and cause your roots to become greasy while drying out your ends.
5 natural alternatives
There are several homemade conditioner recipes for all types of hair. Keeping reading to discover what they are!
1. Apple cider vinegar
Many of our grandmothers used apple cider vinegar to get shiny, healthy hair.
The main issue with this ingredient for many may be that vinegar tends to have a strong smell. Fortunately, the smell of vinegar disappears when the hair dries. However, if you’re still feeling a little nervous about it, you can avoid the smell altogether by mixing the vinegar with a few drops of essential oils. Some good options are lavender, mandarin, and mint.
How to apply
Use a spray bottle with ¾ parts vinegar and ¼ part water. Only use this solution after shampooing your hair.
Yes! Beer is not only a refreshing drink but also an excellent conditioner that can improve the shine and softness of your hair.
Beer is rich in antioxidant nutrients and different types of Vitamin B. It also contains silicon, an essential mineral for maintaining good hair structure, especially for people with fragile and brittle hair.
- Before rinsing your hair, wash it with nonalcoholic beer (to avoid dryness). Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing.
- It’s not necessary to use this conditioner every day.
Using it just once a week should be more than enough. You can also get great results by alternating it with any of the other options we give in this article.
3. Coconut oil
Extra virgin coconut oil is one of the best remedies for normal or dry hair with split ends. It also works wonders on hair that has been damaged by harsh salon treatments.
Also Read: Coconut Oil as a Natural Cosmetic
- To use this conditioner, apply it to wet hair before shampooing. You should do this a few hours before washing your hair. This will nourish the hair fibers well and won’t leave your hair greasy after taking a shower.
- Apply it from the middle of the hair to the ends, once or twice a week.
Not only does it make for a great conditioner, but its delicate and tropical aroma is also delicious as a hair perfume.
4. Egg yolk and lemon juice
The combination of these ingredients is ideal for conditioning any type of hair, especially for greasy or flat hair:
- Egg yolk is rich in fats, which deeply nourish the hair follicles. It also contains a large amount of vitamins (A, B12, B6, B2, B1, D, E and folic acid), making it a nourishing cocktail for your hair.
- Lemon juice gives your hair a lot of shine. However, you can’t use it in isolation, as that would really dry out the hair fibers. That’s why combining these two ingredients is an excellent idea.
- 1 egg yolk
- Juice of half a lemon
How to apply
- Beat the raw egg yolk and mix it with the lemon juice. Then apply the mixture to your hair, leaving it to sit and do its work for some time.
- In the shower, wash with your usual shampoo.
5. Jojoba oil
Jojoba oil is one of the best ingredients for homemade cosmetics. It’s the type of vegetable oil with a texture most similar to the natural sebum of the skin and hair.
See Also: Natural Oils You Can Use For Sunscreen
Because of this, it’s absorbed much more easily and provides deep hydration.
How to apply
- Apply the jojoba oil in small quantities before washing your hair with your usual shampoo.
- You can also add a drop to the ends at any time if they tend to dry or split.