5 Homemade Masks for Shiny and Silky Hair
How many products do you apply to your hair each day? Do you expose it to hot temperatures with the straightener and dryer? How often do you dye your hair? There are many factors that can keep you from having shiny and silky hair.
To achieve this effect, you should get into the habit of regularly applying some homemade masks. You can choose one of the following options below.
1. Aloe vera for shiny and silky hair
Aloe vera is an exceptional source of enzymes that repair the hair’s damaged cells. These damaged cells are the cause of dandruff and dryness.
When you apply the aloe vera mask, you improve the health of your follicles so that you can get shiny and silky hair and constant growth. This combination leaves your hair hydrated, conditioned, and frizz-free for the entire day.
- 5 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 spray bottle
- First, mix the aloe vera gel with a spoon or stick until you have a smooth consistency.
- Then, add the 2 tablespoons of water and mix.
- Put this mixture in the spray bottle and shake well.
- Wet your hair with this mask and let sit for 10 minutes or until it has dried.
- After, wash your hair with only water.
- Apply 3 times a week.
2. Warm massage with oil
This hot oil massage will stimulate the hair follicles and help with their growth. In addition to helping you have shiny and silky hair, this massage fights dryness and itching.
Coconut oil has triglycerides that deeply penetrate the layers of your hair and directly nourish it.
While olive oil provides antioxidants and fats that hydrate, vitamin E repairs existing damage and prevent future problems.
We recommend you read: 10 Beauty Benefits of Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 capsule of vitamin E
- A cotton towel
- 1 liter of water
- First, mix the oils with the vitamin E capsule in a small container and then heat the mixture.
- Submerge the towel in the heated water (being careful not to burn yourself).
- Then, wring out the towel. Try not to let it get cold.
- Apply the heated mixture of oil and vitamin E to your hair.
- Then, give yourself a soft massage for 5 minutes.
- Cover your hair with the towel and let it sit for 30 minutes or until the towel cools off.
- Rinse your hair with fresh water and comb through it.
- Apply 2 times a week.
3. Egg mask
Eggs are the most abundant, cheap, and easy sources of protein that you can find. By using them, you will get shiny and silky hair because eggs repair the damage caused by temperature changes.
Use this mask to have manageable hair that’s hydrated and without knots.
- A whole egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- A shower cap
- First, combine the egg, oil, and honey until you have a homogeneous mask.
- Then, apply the mask from the scalp to the ends.
- When your hair and scalp are well covered, put on the shower cap.
- After, let sit for 30 minutes and then rinse with cold water and sulfate-free shampoo.
- Finish by applying a natural conditioner.
- Apply this mask two times a week.
4. Fenugreek mask
Fenugreek seeds are rich in proteins, iron, vitamin C, potassium, and lecithin. These nutrients help to prevent hair loss, dandruff, and constant damage.
Apply this mask twice a week to get shiny and silky hair.
- 1/4 cup of fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup of water
- First, add the fenugreek seeds to the water and let sit overnight.
- In the morning, blend the fenugreek and water until you have a creamy paste.
- Apply the paste to your scalp and massage until you cover all of your hair.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Then, wash your hair with sulfate-free shampoo.
- Rinse with a natural conditioner.
5. Onion juice and lavender mask
Onion juice makes curly hair more manageable and helps with its growth. This is because of its high content of sulfur, a chemical that improves blood circulation and nourishes the scalp.
Onion juice is also rich in:
- Vitamin C
- Folic acid
Also, the lavender oil component of this hair mask will hydrate your hair and will help to reduce the onion smell.
- 1 large white onion (just the juice)
- 1 tablespoon of essential lavender oil
- Mix well the two ingredients.
- Apply the solution to the scalp and hair.
- Massage for about 10 minutes. Let sit for another 10 minutes.
- Wash your hair with natural shampoo and rinse.
- Apply 3 times a week.
What are you waiting for? Remember that beauty is more a question of care and good habits than it is of luck.It might interest you...