The number of people opting for natural cosmetics is rising.
One of their many benefits is that you can get radiant, moisturized skin for a very low cost.
We’re talking about homemade lotions for soft skin that don’t expose you to toxic chemicals that can cause anything from allergies to autoimmune diseases to cancer.
Learn more in this article!
1. Aloe vera and lemon, two of the best ingredients for soft skin
Aloe vera has antiseptic and hydrating properties that are perfect for treating facial wounds.
As for lemons, they have the ability to remove spots and bacteria while preventing acne.
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel (15 g)
- The juice from 2 lemons
- Blend the aloe vera juice with the lemon juice until a paste is formed.
- Strain several times to remove large pieces.
- Use this lotion every morning, and top with sun protection.
- At night, wash your face well with warm water.
- It’s very important to always wear sunscreen and stay out of the sun for 30 minutes after application; otherwise spots may appear.
While this lotion is great for making your skin soft, it’s best to avoid it if you have sensitive skin.
On the other hand, it is ideal for combination or oily skin.
2. Rejuvenating aloe vera, collagen, and jojoba lotion
The collagen in the gelatin helps fight wrinkles while making your skin look beautifully moisturized. The aloe vera and jojoba oil are also very nutritious.
- 1/2 packet of gelatin (2 g)
- The gel from one aloe vera leaf
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil (5 g)
- Dissolve the gelatin in water according to the instructions on the packet.
- Open the aloe vera leaf and carefully extract the gel inside.
- Add the gel to the gelatin, and then the jojoba oil.
- Mix all the ingredients until smooth.
- Keep the resulting lotion in a plastic container with a cover.
- Apply to your skin before bed.
The ingredients in this lotion are ideal for improving dry skin and fighting wrinkles.
3. Olive oil and aloe vera lotion
Are you looking for a lotion to help combat dry skin? You’ve probably tried everything at the store and haven’t found anything that works.
If that’s you, try this one. It’s a real hydration superstar that you’ll love.
- 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel (5 g)
- 3 drops of extra virgen olive oil
- 5 drops of distilled water
- Blend all ingredients together until well-mixed, and store in a plastic container.
- Apply the lotion twice a day (in the morning and at night) to get longer-lasting soft skin.
4. Regenerating sage, beeswax, and wheat germ lotion
This unique combination will help reduce the appearance of acne and sun spots.
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- A tablespoon of sage (10 g)
- 1/2 cup of wheat germ (80 g)
- A tablespoon of grated beeswax (12 g)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (5 g)
- First, heat the water. Once boiling, remove from heat, add the sage, and let sit.
- In another container, heat the wheat germ and melt the beeswax in it.
- Once melted, add the baking soda and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the sage water and stir on low heat until you get a creamy consistency.
- Let cool a bit and pour into a plastic container.
You can apply this lotion daily, in the morning and then again at night.
5. Lavender lotion for soft skin
Lavender has a softening power that will give you soft, radiant skin with very little effort.
If you can find the flowers or have the plant at home, it can do much more than just look and smell pretty.
- 1 handful of lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup of almond oil (100 g)
- 6 1/2 tablespoons of liquid Vaseline (100 ml)
- 1/2 cup of cocoa butter (120 g)
- Put the lavender flowers and almond oil in a glass jar and let sit for 15 days.
- Then, strain the mixture and add the liquid Vaseline and cocoa butter.
- Put everything in a double boiler until the Vaseline and cocoa butter have completely dissolved.
- Once it’s all liquid, remove from the heat and process in a blender.
- Keep the resulting mixture in a plastic container.
This lotion is perfect for dehydrated, dry skin.
Why and how should I use these lotions?
If you use these moisturizing lotions, you’ll be counteracting the elements that are harming your skin. Regular moisturizing will help slow down and fight the appearance of fine lines.
Make an effort to use these lotions daily, twice a day if possible, to enhance the desired effect.
Remember that the best way to see results quickly is to apply them before going to bed. The longer the time your skin is exposed to the ingredients, the better the results you’ll get.