5 Homemade Body and Face Lotions for Soft Skin
Most people long to have smooth skin, even despite the passage of time. However, for this to be the case, it’s essential to maintain healthy lifestyle habits and basic care such as cleansing the skin and ensuring its hydration by using face lotion.
The cosmetics industry has developed countless specific products to keep skin healthy and young-looking. However, there are also still some home creams that can provide certain benefits.
Of course, we must keep in mind that these are formulas that come from popular culture and, consequently, haven’t been dermatologically tested. Simply by combining certain nourishing ingredients, they may help to care for the dermis in a natural way. Would you like to know some options?
Body and face lotions for soft skin
With the boom in cosmetic products in recent years, we’ve forgotten that some ingredients of natural origin can be useful for skin care. In fact, many of these contain the extracts used in the industry for conventional creams and treatments.
However, we have to consider that, being natural, there’s not much evidence to support their use. What’s clear is that they combine healthy ingredients, that are safe to use, and that could have interesting benefits with various applications. Are you ready to try these face lotions to have a soft skin? Take note and include them in your routine.
1. Aloe vera and lemon lotion
The gel contained in the aloe vera plant is one of the most popular natural products for smooth skin. As Kim Chang, an esthetician at Baylor Aesthetics Studio, explains through a publication in Baylor College of Medicine:
“This ingredient contains antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins A and C, and is highly anti-inflammatory. As such, it can help treat burns, acne, and dry skin.”
In this case, we combined its gel with a little coconut oil, an ingredient that’s also been used in natural cosmetics as a moisturizer and facial protectant.
Also read: Top Five Aloe Vera Health Benefits
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel (15 g)
- The juice from 2 lemons
- Blend the aloe vera juice with the lemon juice until a paste is formed.
- Strain several times to remove large pieces.
- Use this lotion every morning and top with sun protection.
- At night, wash your face well with warm water.
2. Rejuvenating aloe vera and jojoba lotion
We already know the benefits of aloe vera. Now, we propose to mix this plant with the prodigious jojoba oil, a highly recommended ingredient for skin care.
According to a review published in the Italian Journal of Dermatology and Venereology, jojoba has an anti-inflammatory effect and can be used for various skin conditions, such as infections, aging and wound healing.
- 1/2 packet of gelatin (2 g)
- The gel from one aloe vera leaf
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil (5 g)
- Dissolve the gelatin in water according to the instructions on the packet.
- Open the aloe vera leaf and carefully extract the gel inside.
- Add the gel to the gelatin, and then add the jojoba oil.
- Mix all the ingredients until smooth.
- Keep the resulting lotion in a plastic container with a cover.
- Apply to your skin before bed.
The ingredients in this face lotion are ideal for hydrating dry skin and fighting wrinkles.
Check out this article: The 8 Foods that Provide the Most Collagen for Your Skin
3. Olive oil and aloe vera
Another ingredient that can be combined with aloe vera gel is olive oil. Although we know this ingredient for its benefits in the diet, we can also take advantage of it in natural cosmetics to have a soft skin.
- 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel (5 g)
- 3 drops of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 drops of distilled water
- Blend all ingredients together until well-mixed and store in a plastic container.
- Apply the lotion twice a day (in the morning and at night) to get longer-lasting soft skin.
4. Regenerating sage, beeswax, and wheat germ face lotion
According to information published in the Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine, sage is a plant with multiple medicinal applications that even benefit the skin. In this cream we propose to combine it with beeswax and wheat germ for a moisturizing treatment.
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- A tablespoon of sage (10 g)
- 1/2 cup of wheat germ (80 g)
- A tablespoon of grated beeswax (12 g)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (5 g)
- First, heat the water. Once it’s boiling, remove it from heat, add the sage and let it sit.
- In another container, heat the wheat germ and melt the beeswax in it.
- Once melted, add the baking soda and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the sage water and stir on low heat until you get a creamy consistency.
- Let it cool a bit and pour into a plastic container.
- You can apply this lotion daily in the morning and then again at night.
5. Lavender lotion for soft skin
In small amounts, lavender can be helpful for soft, protected skin. In a study published in BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, lavender oil even exhibited positive effects on wound healing. Let’s see how to use it in a homemade cream.
- 1 handful of lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup of almond oil (100 g)
- 6 1/2 tablespoons of liquid Vaseline (100 ml)
- 1/2 cup of cocoa butter (120 g)
- Put the lavender flowers and almond oil in a glass jar and let it sit for 15 days.
- Then, strain the mixture and add the liquid Vaseline and cocoa butter.
- Put everything in a double boiler until the Vaseline and cocoa butter have completely dissolved.
- Once it’s all liquid, remove from the heat and process in a blender.
- Keep the resulting mixture in a plastic container.
- This lotion is perfect for dehydrated, dry skin.
Summary regarding natural body and face lotions
If it’s all about having soft skin, we can resort to face lotions made with natural ingredients. Their formulas are gentle, easy to prepare and don’t require too much investment. In any case, remember that, for any skin problem, it’s best to consult a dermatologist.It might interest you...