Facial hair is one of the enemies of female beauty not only because it appears continuously, but because it usually occurs abundantly and notoriously.
It’s estimated that at least 10% of women have facial hair during their child-bearing years. However, it usually appears in different ways depending on hormonal activity.
In any case, those who have it consider it a beauty problem. Therefore, they look for methods to remove it without affecting the beauty of their skin.
The problem is that many of the current methods of doing this are quite aggressive or contain chemicals that cause allergies, blemishes, and other imperfections.
Fortunately, there are also completely natural recipes whose composition helps get rid of body hair without causing unwanted reactions.
While not all of them eliminate body hair altogether, constantly using them contributes to significantly diminishing its appearance.
In this article, we want to share the 5 best natural remedies that get rid of facial hair so you can readily use them in your beauty routine.
1. Chickpea flour and lemon
The combination of chickpea flour and lemon gives you an exfoliating treatment that, in addition to removing hair, decreases the presence of dead skin cells.
Known for centuries in Indian culture, today this recipe is one of the most used home remedies to remove unwanted facial hair and impurities from the skin.
- 5 tablespoons chickpea flour (50 g)
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon natural yogurt (7 g)
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and beat them together until you get a creamy texture.
- Apply the product on the target areas and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- When dry, remove it with a towel, pressing firmly in the direction of hair growth.
- Remove any of the remaining product with a damp cloth or warm water.
- Apply it two or three times a week, only in the evening.
2. Corn flour and egg
This combination of ingredients creates a sticky and thick paste that, after being applied, facilitates the removal of hair that affects the beauty of the face.
Its ingredients are very soft and leave the treated area feeling clean.
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons cornflour (50 g)
- Beat the egg and combine it with the cornflour. Be sure to form a thick paste.
- Spread the product over your upper lip area and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Then, rub it your skin using gentle circular massages to get rid of the hair in this area.
- Rinse with warm water and use this treatment twice a week.
3. Papaya and turmeric
Papain, which is an enzyme found in papayas, serves to break the hair follicle and prevent excessive hair growth.
When combined with the benefits of turmeric, using it leaves the skin smooth and free of excess hair and dead skin cells.
- 1 slice of papaya
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (5 g)
- Grind the papaya slice to create a paste and then mix it with turmeric powder.
- Rub the mask on the desired area with gentle circular massages and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- After this, rinse the paste off with warm water and dry the area with a towel.
- Use this remedy two or three times a week.
4. Milk and turmeric
This paste made with milk and turmeric helps remove the small hairs that grow in the mustache area.
These two ingredients have anti-inflammatory and exfoliating properties that inhibit unwanted hair growth while making the skin smooth as well as improving how it looks.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (5 g)
- 2 tablespoons milk (20 ml)
- Moisten the turmeric powder with two tablespoons of milk. After you obtain a paste, rub it over the mustache area.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse.
- Make smooth circular movements to get rid of the hair more easily.
- Repeat this procedure every two days.
We recommend reading: Anti-inflammatory Turmeric and Almond Milk Drink
5. Ground coffee and baking soda
The ground coffee and baking soda mask not only allows you to remove unwanted hair from your face, but also from your armpits, back and other areas of the body.
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee (20 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (5 g)
- Water (as much as you need)
- Moisten the coffee and baking soda until you get a creamy paste.
- Then, rub it on the skin above your lips and make gentle circular movements.
- Let it dry for a few minutes and then wash your face.
- Use this remedy up to three times a week.
Are you tired of aggressive hair removal methods? Take the time to try these recipes. You’ll see how you can get rid of unwanted body hair without upsetting your skin.