Fatigue is a common symptom that could be caused by poor sleep, an intense day at work, or an exhausting trip.
This is a physical and mental weakness that can interrupt your day, causing bodily weakness and difficulty concentrating.
In most cases, it’s fleeting and disappears with enough rest and eating healthy foods.
But other times, it’s the body’s reaction to some sort of disease, which makes one feel fatigued more often.
Fortunately, thanks to the active compounds in natural ingredients, overcoming fatigue can be done with healthy, low-cost home remedies.
Today we’re going to share 5 of these remedies with you, that you should definitely consider before using energy-boosting products sold on the market.
1. Ginger tea for overcoming fatigue
Ginger root is famous for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic compounds that are effective against muscular aches and pains.
Its high antioxidant content helps eliminate toxins from the body, while also blocking the effects of free radicals.
It has a stimulating effect on the nervous system, which helps increase energy for better performance.
- 1 tsp. grated ginger (5 grams)
- 1 c. water (250 mL)
- Boil the cup of water and then pour over the grated ginger.
- Allow to steep for 10 minutes, then strain and drink.
- Drink up to three cups a day.
2. Oatmeal drink
Oats contain carbohydrates and fiber that increase bodily energy while reducing fatigue.
They’re considered to be one of the healthiest foods around because they improve digestion and cardiovascular health.
- 2 Tbsp. oatmeal (20 grams)
- 1 glass of oat milk (200 mL)
- Honey (optional)
- Mix the oatmeal with the milk and add a bit of honey if you would like it a little sweeter.
- Blend everything for a few seconds, then serve without straining.
- Enjoy at any time of the day.
3. Apple, orange, and lemon juice
This delicious drink is not only a tonic, but it’s perfect for strengthening the body’s defenses and preventing disease.
It contains important amounts of vitamin C and fiber, which help promote waste elimination for a healthier body.
- 2 apples
- 5 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 glass water (100 mL)
- Wash and dice the apples, without removing the skin.
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges and lemon.
- Add everything to the blender with the water and blend into a uniform mixture.
- Serve when fresh preferably before breakfast. Do not strain.
4. Ginseng infusion
Ginseng root is good for health because of its high vitamin and mineral content. Regularly consuming it will keep away illness and will reduce fatigue related to stress or exhaustion from working.
- 1 piece of ginseng root
- 1 cup water (250 mL)
- Honey (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, add the ginseng root and simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to steep. Strain the liquid.
- To strengthen the effects, add a bit of honey to it and drink.
- Drink once a day, whenever you feel the need to fight fatigue.
5. Yogurt and banana smoothie
This yogurt and banana smoothie is a healthy drink because of its fiber, minerals, and vitamins, which reduce physical and mental fatigue.
It also has wheat germ in it, along with strawberries and milk. These ingredients contain carbohydrates and quality antioxidants which stop oxidative damage while reducing hunger and weakness.
- 1 cup plain yogurt (240 grams)
- 1 banana
- 3 Tbsp. wheat germ (30 grams)
- 5 strawberries
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (2.5 grams)
- 1 Tbsp. skim milk (10 mL)
- Slice the banana and wash the strawberries.
- Place in the blender along with the remaining ingredients and process for a few minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Drink immediately.
Any of these home remedies will help in overcoming fatigue to help you be more active, with a greater sense of well-being.
You’ll have to complement these drinks, however, with good rest, a balanced diet, and regular practice of relaxation techniques.