Five Herbal Remedies to Fight Kidney Pain
If you've ever struggled with kidney issues, then you need to take advantage of these natural remedies for kidney pain which may help you in the long run!
If you have experienced kidney issues, then you need to read on and try these natural remedies for kidney pain. This is a common ailment that can present itself at any time in our life. The kidneys are vital organs located in our lower back.
Their primary function is to filter the blood to eliminate waste by means of the urine.
Thus, they prevent kidney stones, as well as water retention and other problems. In addition, another kidney function is to measure and maintain the balance in the chemical compounds of the blood.
These include potassium, phosphorus, and sodium.
Pain in the kidneys indicates that something has changed in its natural function, and it is necessary to cleanse them.
Basil is an aromatic herb that is generally used to flavor sauces such as pesto. Other than being an ideal ingredient in Italian recipes, it also has many marvelous properties good for our health:
- It’s useful for flu-like symptoms since it helps to loosen bronchial phlegm.
- Helps to bring down fever when mixed with cardamom.
- Relieves coughs and sore throats.
You can consume a little bit of basil by putting it in juice or tea with a little bit of honey for about six months. That will help to eliminate kidney pain and get rid of stones that may have formed.
If you have had kidney problems before, you can occasionally include basil in your diet to prevent future problems.
Dandelion tea is known for its properties as a natural diuretic. It acts as a cleanser and detoxifier for the kidneys, it reduces water retention, and it’s one of the best and natural remedies for kidney pain.
Because of that, this plant tends to be recommended for urinary tract infections and for kidney pain caused by stones.
Further, it has an added benefit, it helps restore the chemical balance after excess minerals have been eliminated through the urine.
To benefit from its properties the following green smoothie can be made with celery and parsley.
- 1 teaspoon dandelion (5g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- 2 celery stalks
- 5 stalks of parsley
- Juice of one orange or grapefruit
- Mix all the ingredients until it becomes a homogenous juice and drink immediately.
Celery has many benefits for our bodies:
- Thanks to its supply of vitamins B1, B2, B6, B9, A, E and C, and minerals such as zinc, calcium, and magnesium, bioflavonoids, and enzymes, it’s one of the most recommended natural remedies for kidney pain that you should try.
- Celery also helps to eliminate water retention, so if you have noticed swelling in the legs and other areas of the body you should consider using it.
When there is an excessive amount of water retained, kidney function is affected which, in turn, can cause many other illnesses.
- Celery can also help the remineralization, cleansing, and detoxification of the blood and helps achieve the needed balance.
We recommend consuming a couple of celery stalks in your daily diet. Try it in different recipes so that you don’t get tired of the flavor. A good option is the following smoothie:
- 1 green apple
- A sprig of parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint (5 g)
- 2 celery stalks
- Blend all ingredients together and drink it with your breakfast three times per week.
4. Stinging nettle
- One of the properties of stinging nettle is that it is a natural diuretic, which helps to get rid of grit that may accumulate in the kidneys and bladder.
This allows for the inflammation in the urinary tract to go down.
- It’s high in potassium and it also helps to eliminate water retention without jeopardizing the chemical balance in the body.
- Stinging nettle cleans and reduces pain in the kidneys and helps eliminate stones naturally.
We recommend preparing tea with its leaves. Remember to be careful handling it since it contains substances that can cause stinging.
- 2 Tablespoons stinging nettle leaves (20 g)
- 1 liter of water
- Boil the water and when it is at a rolling boil add the stinging nettle leaves.
- Let it steep. Consume one glass daily.
Parsley is a good option for kidney pain because it is an antioxidant and eliminates free radicals.
It is also a plant rich in calcium, phosphorous, iron, and vitamin C.
Parsley also has diuretic properties that help:
- Eliminate water retention
- Cleanse the blood
- Cleanse the intestines
- Dissolve kidney stones
Benefits of natural remedies for kidney pain
These herbs can help you to reduce kidney pain and prevent kidney stones. Choose the option that is best for you and include it in your daily routine.
In addition to consuming these herbs, we also recommend that you visit your healthcare professional to ensure it is not a serious kidney condition.
They will be able to give you other recommendations to help you stay healthy and only then should you try some of these natural remedies for kidney pain.