5 Healthy Smoothies for Your Daily Breakfast
Including smoothies in your breakfast is a simple and delicious way to get all kinds of nutrients, since we can use various ingredients to suit our needs
There is a wide variety of healthy smoothies you can have with breakfast to start the day with enthusiasm and energy. Most of them are fruit-based, so they are rich in intrinsic sugars and fiber, which are great for your health.
Eating a good breakfast is part of a healthy lifestyle, so it’s important to get as much out of it as you can. Contrary to what many people think, you can have a great breakfast without spending too much time on it.
Check out these delicious recipes:
1. Blueberry and yogurt smoothie
A blueberry and yogurt smoothie is a recipe rich in antioxidants, amino acids, and fatty acids which, combined, act as a source of fuel for the body.
- 6 blueberries
- ½ cup of plain yogurt (100 g)
- 1 tbsp. of honey (25 g)
- 1 tsp of chia seeds (5 g)
- Wash the blueberries and mix them in the blender with the plain yogurt and the spoonful of honey.
- After obtaining a smooth and creamy drink, add the chia seeds.
2. Tropical papaya and pineapple smoothie
The mixture of papaya and pineapple with coconut milk gives us a delicious smoothie full of vitamins, minerals and powerful antioxidants that protect your health.
These ingredients contribute towards balancing the healthy bacteria in the intestines and, if that weren’t enough, they reduce anxiety.
- 2 slices of papaya
- 1 slice of pineapple
- 1 cup of coconut milk (250 ml)
- Peel and chop the fruits and mix them in a blender with a cup of coconut milk.
- Process this for a couple of minutes, until the mixture is smooth.
3. Strawberries, orange and yogurt smoothie
Rich in antioxidants, dietary fibre and probiotics, this delicious smoothie is a quick and complete breakfast that allows you to recharge your energy levels. Eating it also promotes gut health.
- 5 ripe strawberries
- The juice of 3 oranges
- 1 plain yogurt (125 g)
- ½ tbsp. of chia seeds (5 g)
- 1 tbsp. of honey (25 g)
- Wash the strawberries well and cut them into several pieces.
- Juice the oranges and pour it into a blender together with the strawberries.
- Add the plain yogurt and process the ingredients until you get a creamy drink.
- Serve it with the chia seeds and honey.
4. Banana, strawberry and oatmeal smoothie
A quick mix of banana, strawberry and oatmeal provides the body with carbohydrates, natural sugars, fibre and antioxidants which improve physical and mental performance.
In exchange for few calories, you will be improving digestion and reducing anxiety.
- 1 ripe banana
- 5 strawberries
- 2 tbsps. of oats (20 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Chop the banana and process it in a blender with the strawberries, oats and a cup of water.
- After obtaining a smooth consistency, drink it straight away.
5. Peaches and almond milk smoothie
Although some of its ingredients contain a lot of calories, this smoothie is a great source of vitamin C, potassium, and high-value proteins early in the morning.
- 1 ripe peach
- ½ cup of almond milk (125 ml)
- 1 tsp of almond butter (8 g)
- Peel a fresh peach and process it in a blender with the almond milk and almond butter.
- Once you obtain a smooth drink, serve it instantly.
These healthy smoothies aren’t a substitute for eating whole fruit, so don’t stop including fruit in your regular diet. Substituting your meals for drinks isn’t a good idea either because it can be bad for your health in the long term.
Do you skip breakfast because of a lack of time? As you can see, you don’t have to make complex recipes to fill yourself with nutrients at breakfast.
Go ahead and try these recipes and enjoy some delicious and varied breakfasts.