Five Wholesome Breakfast Shakes
There’s a wide variety of breakfast shakes to start the day with energy and enthusiasm. In fact, most of them are fruit-based, so they are rich in intrinsic sugars and fiber, which are great for your health.
This is because eating a wholesome breakfast is part of a healthy lifestyle. Thus, it’s important to get as much out of it as you can. Therefore, you can have a great breakfast without spending too much time on it, contrary to what many people believe.
Check out the delicious recipes below.
Five wholesome breakfast shakes
1. Blueberry-yogurt shake
A blueberry and yogurt smoothie is a recipe rich in antioxidants, amino acids, and fatty acids which, combined, act as a source of fuel for the body.
- 6 blueberries
- 1 tbsp of honey
- ½ c. of plain yogurt
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- Firstly, wash the blueberries and mix them in the blender with plain yogurt and a spoonful of honey
- Then, add the chia seeds once you have a smooth and creamy drink
Check out this article about Eight Amazing Health Benefits of Blueberries You Should Know
2. Tropical papaya-pineapple shake
The mixture of papaya and pineapple with coconut milk gives us a delicious smoothie full of vitamins, minerals, and powerful antioxidants that protect your health.
This is because these ingredients contribute towards balancing the healthy bacteria in the intestines and, if that weren’t enough, they also reduce anxiety.
- 2 slices of papaya
- 1 slice of pineapple
- 1 c. of coconut milk
- Firstly, peel and chop the three kinds of fruit and mix them in a blender along with a cup of coconut milk
- Then, blend it for a couple of minutes to attain a smooth mixture
3. Strawberry-orange-yogurt smoothie
This delicious smoothie is a quick and complete breakfast that allows you to recharge your energy levels. Not only is it rich in antioxidants, dietary fiber, and probiotics. In addition, it also promotes gut health.
- 5 ripe strawberries
- The juice of three oranges
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp of honey
- ½ tbsp of chia seeds
- Firstly, wash the strawberries and cut them into pieces
- Then, pour the orange juice into a blender along with the strawberries
- Also, add the plain yogurt and process the ingredients to a creamy texture
- Finally, garnish it with the chia seeds and honey
4. Banana, strawberry, and oatmeal shake
A quick mix of banana, strawberry and oatmeal provides the body with carbohydrates, natural sugars, fiber, and antioxidants. Thus, it can improve your physical and mental performance.
Thus, you’ll be improving digestion and reducing anxiety in exchange for few calories.
- 5 strawberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 c. of water
- 2 tbsp of oats
- Firstly, chop the banana and process it in a blender along with the strawberries, oats, and the water
- Then, drink it immediately after you process it o a smooth consistency
Read about Protein Shakes: Why Are They Beneficial?
5. Peaches and almond breakfast shakes
This shake is a great source of vitamin C, potassium, and high-value proteins for early in the morning even though some of its ingredients are high in calories.
- 1 ripe peach
- ½ c. of almond milk
- 1 tsp of almond butter
- Firstly, peel a fresh peach and process it in a blender with almond milk and almond butter
- Then, drink it immediately after processing it to a smooth consistency
Breakfast shakes are no substitute for fresh fruit
These shakes aren’t a substitute for fruit so continue to include it in your regular diet. In addition, substituting your meals for beverages isn’t a good idea either because it can have a negative impact on your health in the long term.
Do you often skip breakfast due to a lack of time? As you can see, you don’t need a complex breakfast to get all of the nutrients you need.
Finally, check out these recipes and enjoy some deliciously varied breakfasts.