5 Hair Styles to Look Younger: You’ll Love Them!
Be brave and try different hair styles and cuts to look younger. Don’t forget that if you’re not sold on the new look by the end of the day, your hair will always grow back.
Everyone is looking for that original, fun touch to make them look younger. You take care in selecting your makeup, clothing, and of course, your hair styles.
But there are a few things that we should make very clear. If you’re 50 years old, for example, don’t try to look like you’re 20.
The key is finding that haircut, that clothing style, and that makeup look that suits you and of course, doesn’t make you look any older than you are.
In fact, personal image experts tell us that most women make the same mistake: they use too much makeup or choose a loud hair dye color that in the end, makes them look older.
No one knows better than you what kind of image you want to project. Sometimes a little change can make you feel about yourself and improve your self-esteem. This is important because, according to a study from the University of Costa Rica, self-esteem is a fundamental part of your well-being.
That being said, this kind of change sometimes takes a little bravery. Here are five simple hair tips you can try to look younger.
1. Take a risk with short hairstyles
There comes a time when long hair might not suit you anymore. Everything depends, of course, on the type of face you have.
- The passage of time tends to lengthen a face, and in many cases jowls appear or the face is a little more full.
- Long, straight hairstyles tend to accentuate these characteristics. That’s why there’s nothing better than taking a risk and cutting your hair shorter.
- Without a doubt, the best choices are the bob haircut or a pixie cut. These are very confident, youthful styles that often look good on everyone.
2. Try having bangs
If you want to look younger, you can always try cutting your bangs. You know that they come in many different styles: to the side, tousled, straight, parted down the middle, blunt…
But you need to be careful with them. Sometimes bangs can make your face look a little wider, so just like everything else, give it a try and see how it makes you feel.
3. Layered hairstyles
The layered haircut has always been one of the most popular styles to look younger.
It provides movement, fresh air, and an original touch to your hair that’s worth trying out. Now, in order to get the most appropriate cut, you should make sure you talk to a professional hair stylist because this requires a certain skill.
It’s a haircut that never goes out of style, and above all, it’s very comfortable.
- While it’s true that layered haircuts are usually done for long, straight, or curly hair, it’s also great for shorter haircuts. It gives you more volume and movement.
- Nevertheless, there are shorter haircuts that also look good with layering. The key is to play with the bangs. If you cut them to the side and give them a “tousled” look, it will make your whole appearance more youthful.
- Experts in personal image recommend also trying the pencil layered style. It originated in the 1970s and consists of a simple cut where the hair is separated into two sections, with a layered edge along the middle.
- Then you trim that edge from the front to the back. This allows the ends of your hair to “frame” your face. It’s a classic.
4. What hair color should you choose?
It would be easy to say that there comes a time when nearly everyone ends up with blonde hair. This color is associated with youthfulness, so many women choose it when they want to look younger.
- This isn’t always true, however. Having platinum blonde hair can be risky. In addition to that, you need to pay attention to your skin tone.
- It’s worth mentioning that chocolate brown and gold tones are always attractive. Don’t always try to go with the extreme color scheme.
- You also shouldn’t be afraid to combine two or three shades to see how it makes you feel.
5. Updos always look good
If you have medium-length hair, you can always try an updo. Keep in mind, however, that a tight bun will usually make you look older than you are.
- It’s best to choose a casual updo where some strands frame the face. Try to style your hair so you achieve that carefree touch that lends so much appeal, so much originality.
Also, study what hair colors will best suit your skin tone and magnify your beauty.
Note that it’s always worth trusting a professional. Someone at your salon will be able to give you good advice.
Don’t be totally reliant on internet tutorials. Sometimes you might base your decision on how it looks on a model, but that person doesn’t resemble you at all and the hairstyle will look very different on you.