5 Hair Masks to Prevent Frizz
Hair is very important for all of us. Having beautiful and shiny hair is something we all want, right? The problem is when you have dreaded frizz and your hair starts looking dull and neglected. However, there are very effective natural alternatives to prevent frizz.
All women have suffered from frizz before since it’s a very common problem. However, you shouldn’t worry because it’s not permanent. And you can breathe a sigh of relief because you won’t have to cut your hair to fix it. If you moisturize it properly and avoid mistreating it, you’ll have beautiful, healthy hair.
What is frizz and what causes it?
Frizz has a simple physical explanation. Perhaps you see frizzy hair every day when you stand in front of the mirror, but do you know what it really is?
Hair is an energy conductor and gets charged with static every single day. Static is what causes those electrical shocks when you get near someone who has this type of energy stored in their body. When there’s an electrical imbalance in your hair’s ions, the strands of hair repel each other, thus making your hair look frizzy.
Some of the causes of frizz are:
- Not having enough moisture and essential fatty acids in your hair
- Dryness caused by chemical products
- Having very long hair
However, this can be avoided by deep moisturizing your hair and having a healthy diet. Drinking water is also essential to prevent frizz and dry hair.
Make sure you read:
Hair masks to prevent frizz
1. Yogurt and honey hair mask
- 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- Put both ingredients in a container and stir until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- This is the standard amount for shoulder length hair. If you have a lot of hair or your hair is longer, double the amounts.
How to apply
- Thoroughly wash your hair and towel dry it to remove excess water.
- Then, apply the hair mask from mid-lengths to the ends.
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair as you normally do with shampoo and conditioner.
- You can apply the treatment once a week in order to prevent frizz.
2. Jojoba oil hair mask
- 4 tablespoons of jojoba oil (60 ml)
Preparation and application
- Heat the oil for a few minutes. It should be a little more than lukewarm, but not too hot.
- Before washing your hair, apply the oil from scalp to ends.
- Massage your hair roots gently for a few minutes. Spread the oil to the ends and then comb your hair carefully.
- Massage the ends for several minutes and finally cover your hair with a plastic cap and a towel to retain heat.
- Leave on for an hour or overnight and then wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- Apply the treatment once a week.
3. Egg and olive oil hair mask
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 egg (60 g)
Did you know? 6 Ways To Make Your Hair Look Better With Olive Oil
- Take a bowl and whisk the egg until it turns frothy.
- Then, add the olive oil and stir until you get a homogeneous mixture.
How to apply
- Thoroughly wash your hair and apply the hair mask from scalp to ends with the help of a comb.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and finally rinse your hair with water.
4. Avocado and mayonnaise hair mask
- 1 cup of mayonnaise (250 ml)
- ½ a ripe avocado
- Remove the avocado seed and place the avocado in a container.
- Crush the avocado with a fork. Make sure it has no lumps and then add the cup of mayonnaise.
- Mix until you get a homogeneous mixture.
How to apply
- Thoroughly wash your hair with shampoo and gently dry with a towel to remove excess water.
- Apply the hair mask. Place a plastic bag over your hair and a towel moistened with hot water over the bag.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and then wash your hair as you normally do.
5. Coconut oil, egg white, and almond milk hair mask
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (30 ml)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons of almond milk (30 ml)
- In a bowl, mix the egg whites and almond milk until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Finally, add the coconut oil and stir well.
How to apply
- Apply the mask all over your hair, mostly from mid-lengths to the ends.
- Then, wash your hair as usual with shampoo and conditioner. Repeat the treatment 1 to 3 times a week.
Prevent frizz with these simple natural hair masks. You don’t need to spend a fortune on chemical treatments, because nature gives your hair everything it needs!It might interest you...