Gaining muscle mass is one of the main goals for people who wish to have a strong and toned figure.
Muscle mass has to do with the volume of your muscle tissues. In other words, it’s the lean mass that helps you achieve more strength and physical resistance.
However, getting it isn’t an easy task, since it requires a lot of continuos effort, both with your diet as well as with your physical activity.
Also, it’s important to understand that this is a long-term project. Results can vary depending on one’s lifestyle.
Since we know that many people are working to achieve this, we want to take this opportunity to share 5 habits that can help you gain muscle mass naturally in a safe and natural manner.
Gain Muscle Mass Naturally with These Tricks
1. Adopt a daily training routine
If your primary goal is to gain muscle mass, you should keep in mind that the only way to achieve this is by adopting a daily training plan that includes high-intensity exercises.
These types of activities cause micro-tears in the muscle fibers. Eventually, they are repaired by the body in a way that makes the muscles larger and stronger.
Of course, for this process to occur properly, it’s necessary to support it with a balanced diet that is rich in high-quality nutrients.
- First, adopt a cardiovascular exercise routine that will help you to lose the greatest amount of body fat possible.
- Remember that increasing your muscle size happens in phases. Because of that, you should first focus on fat loss.
- After that, come up with a strength-training routine that works every muscle group in your body.
- Then, gradually increase the weights that you’re using, since overexertion can cause injury.
2. Eat between 5 and 6 healthy meals
Dividing your meals into 5 or 6 daily portions is one of the habits that helps you to gain and maintain muscle mass.
Due to the frequency of your meals, you are improving your metabolic activity. This decreases the possibility of your body storing excess fats.
Among other things, having various meals throughout the day keeps your energy levels up and, because of that, it is very important for improving your physical performance.
- Instead of eating 3 large meals a day, create a diet plan with smaller portions, 5 or 6 times a day.
- Be sure that you’re eating healthy foods and are controlling your calorie and fat intake. It doesn’t do any good portioning out your foods if they’re still unhealthy.
3. Increase your protein and carbohydrate consumption
High-quality proteins and carbohydrates play a huge role in strengthening and increasing the lean muscle in the body.
These essential nutrients give your body energy and, if that wasn’t enough, are fundamental for optimizing the repair of muscles when you are exercising.
Consume sources of healthy proteins like:
- Seeds and nuts
- Lean fish
- White meats
Don’t forget to choose good carbohydrates like:
- Wheat bread and pasta
4. Increase your water intake
Water is one of the most important components that make up the body. Because of this, getting enough water is fundamental for keeping the fibers and tissues of your muscles in perfect condition.
This vital liquid helps with the synthesis of other essential nutrients. Plus, it also aids with the transport of oxygen to the muscles so that they can work without any difficulties.
A dehydrated body can lose muscle mass as well as develop fatigue and physical limitations.
- Ensure that you are drinking between 6 and 8 glasses of water a day.
- Increase your water intake during and after physical training.
5. Sleep well
Although it may seem like it as nothing to do with it, getting good quality sleep is one of the most important things you can do to guarantee lean muscle mass growth in the body.
During this rest period, the muscles repair themselves and produce a protein synthesis that helps to secrete growth hormones.
Thus, it’s necessary to sleep between 7 and 8 hours a night without interruptions so that nothing interferes with your goal of growing your muscles.
- Avoid using electronic devices or any other distraction right before bed.
- Be sure that your room is an adequate and comfortable environment.
- If you have trouble sleeping, try drinking a relaxing tea or enjoy an aromatherapy session.
Remember that in order to achieve the best results, it’s necessary to be constant with all of the habits that we have mentioned.
Your lifestyle should be completely changed, and you should avoid harmful foods and practices that can affect your muscle health as much as possible.