Five Green Shake Recipes for Detoxing and Weight Loss
A green shake can purify the body, support the diet, and also help achieve certain objectives such as losing weight, improving health, gaining greater vitality and energy, etc.
These drinks can hydrate, refresh, and help to satisfy your appetite, and also help you enjoy different combinations with fruit, vegetables, cereals, seeds, nuts, and juices.
It’s worth noting that they won’t provide any benefits on their own. However, they’re great when included in a healthy lifestyle. For example, they can provide extra energy, nutrients, and antioxidants.
Five green shakes to detox and lose weight
Here are some recipes for various green shakes you can incorporate into your diet at any time of the day (early morning, midday, evening…) but always in moderation. Take note!
1. Pineapple-spinach shake
This green pineapple-spinach shake is refreshing and can help eliminate retained fluids, reduce the volume, and also calm anxiety about eating.
You can drink it in the middle of the morning, as a snack, or together with your breakfast, as you prefer.
- 3 slices of pineapple
- 6 spinach leaves
- The juice of one-fourth of a lemon
- 1/2 c. filtered or boiled water
- 1/4 tsp of fresh ginger
- Firstly, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- Then, serve and enjoy
2. Apple and almond milk green shakes
Ideally, use unsweetened almond milk in this shake, it’ll be high in calories otherwise.
- 1 green apple
- 1 glass of almond milk
- Optional: cinnamon and ginger powder
- Firstly, wash and chop the apple, no need to peel it
- Also, discard the seeds
- Place the apple pieces and the almond milk in the blender and process until homogenized
- Finally, serve and if you wish, add a touch of cinnamon and ginger
3. Chard-banana green shake
This recipe contains foods that help increase energy levels, something necessary to improve physical and mental performance during the day. Additionally, it contributes to the feeling of satiety.
- 6 chard leaves
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 ripe bananas
- The juice of half a lime
- 1 c. of water
- Firstly, add all ingredients to the blender, including the lime juice, and process until thick and smooth
- Then, enjoy right away, before or during breakfast
4. Mango-lettuce green shake
Delicious and addictively sweet, this shake helps calm your cravings and also get enough energy to perform your daily activities.
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ripe banana
- 5 leaves of spinach
- 1 c. water
- Firstly, chop up the ingredients and put them in the blender with the water
- Process everything until you get a homogeneous mixture
- Finally, serve and consume it at once
You might like Five Green Juice Recipes for Weight Loss
5. Aloe vera-spinach green shake
Aloe vera has a laxative effect, so it is recommended to include it in minimal amounts in green shakes to avoid adverse reactions such as stomach discomfort, colic, diarrhea, among others.
- 1/2 cucumber
- 6 spinach leaves
- 1 c. of green tea
- 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel
- Firstly, add all the ingredients to a blender and process until well-mixed.
- Then, serve and enjoy immediately.
Serve your green smoothies cold and enjoy them!
These green shakes can help calm your anxiety about eating while hydrating and helping you stay active. So why not give them a try? Many people have already seen how well they do when they take them before or after training.
Include green shakes as a snack or breakfasts and leave aside industrial drinks. This is because they only contain sugar and empty calories. Your body will thank you and you’ll notice a big difference in your health and mood over time.It might interest you...