Insomnia is a serious sleep disorder that often results from a busy lifestyle, having too many activities, or constant stress and worry. In today’s society there are many people suffering from this problem and over time, it’s easy to see how it diminishes their quality of life.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), up to 40% of the global population suffers from some kind of sleep disorder. Experts say that it’s easy to identify these people because they’re likely to suffer from mood disorders as well, causing problems at work and during other daily activities. This problem is of great concern to health professionals, because today there are over 80 known types of sleep disorders.
Are you part of this group of people suffering from insomnia? If the answer is yes, you need to know that it’s important to deal with this problem as soon as possible to avoid adversely affecting your health. In today’s article, we’ll share five recipes for juices and smoothies that can help your body relax so you can sleep better.
Green juice to fight insomnia
This green juice recipe combines a variety of nutrients that can help relax your body and stimulate better sleep, to fight problems like insomnia. It can improve overall sleep quality and also has a positive effect on the digestion, stress, and high blood pressure.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 piece of ginger root
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 green apple (with peel)
- 9 stalks of asparagus
- 2 stalks of celery
- Soak the asparagus stalks in cold water for about an hour.
- Cut the cucumber and apple into large pieces
- Add the fruit, celery, and ginger to your blender. Strain the water from the asparagus and pour it over the other ingredients along with the lemon juice.
- Process everything for a few minutes and enjoy this juice every day after lunch.
Lettuce and cucumber juice
This powerful juice is made with two ingredients that are known to be excellent for fighting insomnia. Lettuce has important nutrients that help promote healthy sleep and eliminate feelings of anxiety. Cucumber, meanwhile, contains an amino acid known as tryptophan, which stimulates the production of serotonin, a hormone associated with better mood and good sleep.
- 1/2 head of lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- Slice the cucumber and separate the leaves of lettuce. Add them all to a blender, process for a few minutes, and drink this juice well chilled.
Lettuce and banana smoothie
This beverage can help control levels of stress and anxiety, promoting relaxation of the entire body to help prevent insomnia.
- 4 chamomile flowers
- 90 grams of romaine lettuce
- 1 small banana
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- First make a tea using the chamomile flowers, and set aside the liquid.
- Wash and chop the lettuce leaves
- Add the tea and all remaining ingredients to the blender.
- Process for a few minutes and drink it chilled, half an hour before going to bed.
Peach and apple juiceThis delicious juice has a great taste and is an excellent way to ensure you get better sleep.
- 3 peaches
- 1 apple
- 1 small bunch of mint
- Wash, peel, and slice the peaches and apples. Add all ingredients to the blender, process for a few seconds, and drink chilled without straining the liquid.
- Consume this beverage at least half an hour before going to bed.
Carrot and spinach juiceThis juice is a great source of antioxidants and other nutrients that will help improve your quality of sleep while also giving you important health benefits. Try drinking it half an hour to an hour before going to bed for the best results.
- 1 carrot
- 5 spinach leaves
- Mix all ingredients together in your blender and process until smooth.
- Serve this juice without straining it, and drink it at the recommended time.
If you find you’re unable to control your insomnia naturally, you should see a specialist for other treatment options. It’s important that you pay attention to this disorder, because if left untreated it could become a major and debilitating problem.