Don’t miss out on these 5 great breakfast foods that are healthy and delicious, and will provide you with the energy you need to get through the morning. In just a few days you will notice a difference!
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day; that our daily journey and state of energy depends upon it. However, a lot of people skip breakfast or consume a malnutritious breakfast, opting for foods that have the opposite effect of nutritious value.
In this article, we will discuss 5 ingredients that are important for the human body’s health. Within just a few day’s consumption you will notice a difference, and will be surprised with the changes you will notice throughout your day. So start eating these great breakfasts today!
Whole Wheat Cereal
In the morning, we need nutrition that provides us with energy to last us throughout the day, to provide us with physical and mental strength. One food that can provide us with that is whole wheat; this food is rich with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. We don’t normally think of breakfast cereal as an essential nutrient, as we normally see those in the supermarket which contain sugars and preservatives. We can, however, choose simple cereals that are meant for healthy diets, such as the following:
- Oatmeal; the queen of cereals, that supports energy whilst relaxing the nervous system. It is rich in fiber and helps the digestive system. It’s great when mixed with a bit of milk and honey; but can also be consumed raw if desired.
- Whole brown rice: even though it’s a rice that we eat at lunch time, we can also eat it with milk or as a rice drink with cinnamon and lime. A delicious rice milk drink is an excellent breakfast, ideally served cold.
- Corn: Many countries use corn-based cereals for breakfast.
Fruit is great, especially in the morning, and provides long-lasting energy for the body. You can eat it raw, or in fruit juice, in jam, or dried. Here are some examples:
- Citrus: pomelo or oranges are great for breakfast, as they provide lots of energy.
- Figs: ideal in combating stress
- Pears: rich in silicon, a mineral necessary for skin, hair and nails
- Apple: a fruit rich in malic acid and tartaric acid, which helps us prevent multiple illnesses, including tooth decay
- Papaya: ideal for those suffering digestive problems
- Pineapple: contains digestive enzymes and has anti-inflammatory properties
- banana: very nutritious and rich in magnesium, a mineral that supports muscles and the nervous system
- Dried Fruits: contains lots of fiber and energy.
Dried fruits contain high levels of healthy fats, good for our bodies, and help provide energy and fiber. We recommend eating it raw or toasted, but avoid those that are salty or fried, as those can lose their nutritious value. The most recommended are:
- Pine nuts
Dairy or Protein
Many dairy products are common breakfasts, such as:
- Natural Yogurt
- Cottage cheese
Dairy is essential, although we can substitute it with other nutrients that contain proteins; for example, eggs.
If you’d like to add a sweetener to the recommended foods, always try to avoid white sugar; it not only robs us of energy but also robs us of minerals. Try to substitute it for one of these natural sweeteners:
- Unadulterated honey
- Agave nectar