5 Fruits for Healthy Weight Loss and How to Eat Them
When it comes to losing weight, we can take advantage of the properties of certain fruits that, when eaten properly, can help you drop a pant size and improve your overall health.
Healthy weight loss can seem like an almost impossible feat. Things like stress or changes in our daily routine can have serious consequences when it comes to keeping weight off.
Losing weight healthily should be our main goal. Likewise, maintaining our ideal weight, a daily task.
Now, how do you go about it? Genetics and not having the time to cook healthy meals are often our worst enemies when it comes to losing weight.
Today, we’d like to show you the top five fruits for weight loss. Certainly they’ll be able to help you. It is also just as important is knowing the most beneficial ways to eat them.
Let’s take a look!
1. Lemons for healthy weight loss
We often talk about the many benefits of lemons. How this citrus fruit helps you lose weight is truly special:
- Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C. This important nutrient is good for your liver’s health and your immune system.
- Good liver health means fat metabolism is at its peak. As a bonus, your body will digest food better and be better able to absorb nutrients.
- Lemon helps detox the body, flushing toxins out through the urine.
- This citrus fruit is filling and fights constipation.
How to use lemons to lose weight
- Start your day with a glass of warm water and the juice of one lemon.
- Also, sprinkle a little lemon juice on your salads.
See also: How to Lose Weight with Papaya
When you first think of strawberries, you probably imagine a decadent dessert, loaded with calories. Even though this fruit is usually associated with high-calorie desserts and smoothies, they are loaded in nutrients and are great for healthy weight loss.
These are some of the many reasons as to why strawberries can help your figure:
- Strawberries contain very little sugar, but are loaded with vitamins.
- We can’t forget that strawberries are diuretics and contain powerful antioxidants.
- They fight fluid retention.
- They’re full of fiber to fight constipation.
- They’re filling.
- Lastly, strawberries possess anti-inflammatory properties.
How to eat strawberries to lose weight
- Strawberry water: combine a liter of water with the juice of 10 strawberries and a little lemon juice.
- Strawberry salad with spinach and walnut: This delicious option is great for healthy weight loss.
3. Green apples
All apples are beneficial for your health, but green apples are rich in phenolic acid and flavonoids. They’re also excellent for regulating blood sugar levels.
Here are just a few of their many beneficial properties:
- First of all, they’re rich in antioxidants.
- Green apples can help you control your LDL or bad cholesterol.
- They help accelerate metabolism.
- Finally, while boosting your metabolism, green apples work on the fat itself, making it easier to burn off.
How to eat green apples to lose weight
- Eat them raw in the early hours of the day with the peel, if possible. The peel contains a great amount of nutrients.
- Try a green apple and oatmeal smoothie.
Read also: 8 Surprising Benefits of Green Apples
Blueberries are an endless source of nutrition without a lot of calories. Eating just 10-20 blueberries per day is enough to provide you with high levels of vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants.
- Blueberries contain insoluble fiber, which is ideal for improving digestion.
- These berries are also rich in tannins, which work as powerful natural astringents.
- Another thing to keep in mind about these tiny fruits is that you can eat as many as you like without worrying about gaining weight.
Ways to eat blueberries for weight loss
- At breakfast, try combining them with other types of fruit.
- Use them in natural smoothies.
- Toss a few blueberries in your salads.
Pomegranates contain powerful antioxidants. In other words, these have incredible benefits for the body.
Most noteworthy of these benefits include improving blood flow to the heart and helping keep arteries free of fatty deposits.
- Eating pomegranates prevents fat from accumulating in the abdominal area.
- Pomegranates are rich in fiber, anti-inflammatory, and can help eliminate bad cholesterol or LDL.
How to enjoy pomegranates to lose weight healthily
- Pomegranates can be eaten raw.
- You can also drink pomegranate juice.
- Lastly, try adding some of this fruit to your salads.