Detox Your Liver Naturally With These 5 Foods
It's never a bad time to detox your liver naturally through your diet. After all, this important organ is continuously processing toxins that can affect its performance and your overall health. Find out more in the article below
Have you heard how important it is to detox your liver naturally? If so, you may be wondering why it’s so important.
Your liver is one of the biggest organs in your body and has three main functions:
- Detox: It’s responsible for collecting and eliminating natural toxins (like ammonia) and external toxins (like alcohol and medicines) from the body.
- Synthesis: Your liver plays a role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. In addition, it secretes bile, which is essential for digestion.
- Storage: Vitamins A, D, E and K and glycogen are all stored in the liver. These elements serve as a source of energy for daily tasks and other requirements of the body.
You should detox your liver naturally because everything that passes through it can cause problems and damage your body. Because of this, today we want to offer you a list of foods that will help you to detox your liver naturally.
This fruit contains an enzyme called papain. It helps to improve digestion and to process foods properly. In addition, it also helps to reduce inflammation in the body. Thus, it’s highly recommended for weight loss regimes. When it comes to detoxing your liver, papaya makes the liver’s processes easier by improving digestion.
It’s also worth highlighting that not only the pulp of this fruit can be eaten. In addition, its seeds are also edible and have anti-inflammatory properties that help to deal with arthritis and to detox the liver.
To help eliminate fat from the liver, try the following recipe:
- First, take 20 papaya seeds and crush them or grind them.
- Then, mix them with lemon juice or milk.
- Drink this combination for one month.
2. Indian gooseberry (Emblica Officinalis)
The Indian gooseberry, also known as amla, is a powerful antioxidant that helps to cleanse toxins from the body.
Eating it frequently not only helps to prevent fatty liver, but also liver fibrosis. This is the excessive inflammation of this organ due to a condition or illness. The best way to eat Indian gooseberry is raw. You can add it to salads, mix it with yoghurt or eat a small portion of them.
3. Lemons can help detox your liver naturally
Lemons are one of the most well-known and widely-used citric fruits because of their properties.
They’re rich in vitamin C, flavonoids, malic acid and essential oils. All of these give them properties that support digestion and the liver. In addition, they also help to strengthen your blood vessels and improve heart health.
Lemons detox your liver naturally because they:
- Help digestion.
- Tone the liver and stimulate it.
- Provide large quantities of antioxidants, which fight free radicals.
- Prevent premature degeneration of different organs of the body.
If you have fatty liver, it is advisable to drink lemon juice diluted in a glass of water (200 ml). By mixing it with water, you also avoid damaging your tooth enamel with the acid.
4. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps to balance the pH of your body and promotes the elimination of toxins accumulated over time. This enables the liver to carry out its process of detoxing the body better and to metabolize fats correctly.
Also, drinking apple cider vinegar daily will give you many benefits, including:
- Vitamins, minerals and essential oils.
- Less risk of suffering from kidney infections.
- The elimination of constipation.
- The prevention of liver problems.
It is recommended to take 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of apple cider vinegar a day. You can drink it alone or diluted in a glass of water (200 ml), depending on how much you like the flavor. You can also include it as part of your salads or sauces.
5. Green tea
Green tea is rich in a kind of antioxidant called polyphenols. These antioxidants reduce the damage caused to the body by free radicals. Thus, they delay the aging of cells and complications in different organs of the body.
Although green tea has always been recommended for its many benefits, you should never drink more than 10 cups a day. You should also make sure that the tea you drink is natural to avoid consuming elements that make it less effective.
If you don’t like the flavor of green tea, try mixing it with your favorite foods in smoothies. Mix it with fruit and vegetables until you find the perfect combination for you.
Also, you might like: Drink Green Tea More Often With These 4 Recipes
Take advantage of the options available to detox your liver naturally
There are several natural ways to detox your liver naturally, but the foods we mentioned are some of the best. The only thing left for you to do is choose your favorites and start including them in your routine to maintain good liver health.
However, you should always remember that if you experience pain or discomfort in your liver, you should seek medical help.