5 Exercises for Your Chest
Exercising your chest muscles can help maintain your skin's elasticity and the firmness of your bust. Here are some simple exercises you can do at home or at the gym.
When it comes to working out, many people focus on exercises for their arms, abs, and legs. However, it’s important to pay attention to chest exercises, too.
Some people believe that toning the chest muscles helps skin elasticity in the area and gives you a firmer bust.
In this article, we share some exercises that will help you tone your chest and pectoral muscles. Are you ready?
1. Aerobic exercise
If you want to start with something light but safe, aerobic exercises are an excellent choice.
There are many options for you to choose from like dancing, swimming, running, walking, or biking. This will help you burn calories and also improve your cardiovascular system.
Fat is the main source of fuel for these activities so you’ll quickly see results through weight loss.
2. Dumbbells – up and down
This exercise will help reduce chest fat. All you need are some dumbells and to follow these steps:
- First, lie on the floor face down. Your back should be straight and your legs slightly apart.
- Bend your legs, being mindful of your posture, and look up.
- Take a deep breath, and take a weight in each hand.
- Extend your arms to hip height.
- Raise your arms slowly to chest level, without bending them.
- Do 4 sets of 10 repetitions each side.
Discover more: 5 Exercises for a Firm Bust
Push-ups are essential for toning the muscles and eliminating fat. You can do them anywhere, and they’re not complicated.
- First of all, lie face down on the floor or on a mat.
- Rest your palms on the floor and support yourself with your hands and toes.
- Bend your arms and bring your hands level to your chest.
- Try to maintain a straight posture – don’t arch your back.
- Now, straighten your arms and press against the floor to push yourself up, and then return to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions
4. Chest presses
If want to focus on having a firm chest, then this exercise is for you. You can do it with an exercise ball or any other light object that you can press.
- Stand up straight and separate your legs slightly.
- Hold the ball in both hands – it should be just at chest level.
- Then, press your hands together hard until you feel your muscles contract.
- Hold for five seconds to ensure you work the muscles.
- Do 10 repetitions and, on the last one, try to double the time you hold the position for.
5. Ballerina arms
This exercise doesn’t just help reduce your bust, it also shapes your figure and tones the muscles, including the pectoral zone.
- Firstly, stand up with your spine straight.
- Your legs should be slightly apart and your chest slightly up.
- You should be facing forward to avoid hurting your neck.
- Extend one of your arms and lift it up so that the tips of your fingers are at head height (simulating the position of a ballerina).
- Return to your starting position and repeat 10 times.
- Then, rest and switch arms.
- Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions with each arm.
Other recommendations for obtaining good results
- Exercise every day.
- Work different areas of your body, not just your pectoral zone.
- Don’t forget to stretch, both before and after the exercise.
- Eat a balanced diet and drink enough water every day.
- Always wear a suitable bra. For sport, there are many styles that are actually very comfortable.
- Be mindful of your posture, regardless of whether you’re doing exercise or not.
- Don’t overindulge in fatty or sweet foods that will increase body fat. It’s better to increase your intake of fruits, vegetables, and protein.
- Remember that diet and exercise should always go hand in hand.
Which one will you do first? Whatever your answer, remember that you should stick to your routine to achieve good results. Remember that doing occasional exercise and then returning to a sedentary lifestyle will produce little to no results.
You should also remember that it’s important that you correct your eating habits (if necessary) and assure that you follow a complete and balanced diet. This combination is key to achieving all of the objectives you’ve set yourself.