Who doesn’t want to look great? Who wouldn’t want to lose those extra pounds? In today’s article, we’ll teach you five effective exercises to burn excess fat.
The area where people tend to store fat the most is around the abdomen. In addition to taking care of what you eat, you should also get exercise and follow a routine that stimulates more fat burning in this troublesome area.
1-Traditional abdominal exercises
For the first exercise, lie on your back on the floor or a soft surface.
- With your hands behind your head and elbows spread apart, raise your legs to a 90 degree angle.
- Then lift your torso without moving your lower back from the floor until you can touch your knees with your elbows.
- You’ll need to contract your abdomen while doing 10 to 20 repetitions, depending on your strength level. Don’t forget to rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Remember that you can increase the number of repetitions as you gain more strength. Everything will depend on how your training goes.
Note: if you find it hard to keep your legs elevated, you can support your heels on a low chair or table.
- Lie on a mat or directly on the floor, face down. Support yourself with only the tips of your toes and your forearms, and lift the rest of your body until you form a straight line from shoulders to heels.
- Contract your abdomen for as long as you can and then return to the starting position. Try to alternate periods of 60 seconds.
- Repeat this 10 times per session and you can increase the time you hold the plank pose as you gain strength. It’s essential that you keep your posture straight.
For this exercise you’ll lie on your back on the floor with your hands behind your head. You can leave your legs straight or bent at a 90 degree angle.
- With your elbows spread apart, raise your torso to the right, then to the left, and finally to the center, repeating this sequence 10 to 20 times.
- Rest for 60 seconds between sets. You can also increase the repetitions as you get stronger.
4-Exercises to burn excess fat in other areas of the body: push-ups
Try doing push-ups to eliminate fat from your arms and tone them.
How should you do them?
- Rest face down on the floor or a soft surface, supported by the palms of your hands and your toes. Remember to keep your back straight and arms spaced shoulder width apart.
- Push yourself upwards and downwards 10 times per set.
- Take a 60 second break between each set and increase the number as you get stronger.
Aside from working your arms, this exercise will also strengthen your chest, abdomen, and upper back.
There are several simple and effective areas to target this part of the body.
- The first consists of lying on the floor or a soft surface.
- With your hands along your sides, proceed to lift your legs, without bending your knees, until you reach a 90 degree angle.
- Lower them to the starting position and repeat 10 times per set.
- Rest for 60 seconds and repeat.
Just like the rest of these exercises, you can increase your repetitions with time.
General recommendationsIt’s great to work a variety of areas of your body while letting your other muscle groups rest. Some recommended exercises to burn fat include:
- Long walks
- Climbing stairs
- Aerobic exercise
It’s also a good idea to keep a balanced diet and stay hydrated, especially when you’re working out.
Try this simple and effective routine to burn fat. If you are consistent you’ll achieve good results without having to follow a super strict diet. Consistency is key when it comes to fighting unwanted fat and weight gain.