5 Exercises and Home Remedies to Reduce Your Double Chin
Everyone wants to get rid of that double chin, even if you’re not overweight. It’s not just a consequence of being overweight, but also a matter of genetics, age and some health conditions.
In this article, we’ll share the 5 best exercises and home remedies to reduce a double chin. If you do them consistently, you’ll get a more slender neck in no time!
Exercises and remedies for reducing a double chin
1. Moving your jaw
Some cases of double chins that aren’t related with being overweight. Believe it or not, they can come from the tension that affects your jaw. Belive it or not, continuously tightening your jaw can affect the flexibility and firmness of the lower area.
Therefore, to reduce the appearance of your double chin, you should exercise your jaw everyday. Also, this habit will help fight bruxism. To help treat this, you can do the following movements:
- Open and close your mouth.
- Move your jaw from side to side.
- Move your jaw out while your move your chin forward and then move it back.
- Do circles to both sides.
- Make any type of silly position with your mouth.
2. Moving your neck
Your neck is evidence of your age. If you forget about it, your double chin will appear prematurely. So, you should always keep this part of your face hydrated. Plus, you should do some exercises or stretches to keep it toned.
- You can do them laying down, seated or standing. The important thing is to move your neck in any direction possible. However, don’t move it too far backwards. If you’re laying down, you won’t have this problem.
- Do the movements little by little. Relax and flex all of your muscles.
3. Exfoliation and brushing
Next, to fight sagging in your neck and to reduce your double chin, you can’t forget to take care of our skin. You should get into the habit of exfoliating this part of your body at least once a week. You can use specific peeling products or even a homemade peel. Plus, you can use coffee grounds, salt, sugar or even baking soda.
You can also use the dry-brushing technique to remove any dead cells and to improve their regeneration. To do this, you’ll use a natural bristle brush to massage your neck.
- Make vertical movements for up to one minutes. It’s best to do this before going to bed. Then, your skin will get red.
4. Hydration with oils
After exfoliating your skin, you can’t forget to hydrate it. Keep in mind that many people hydrate their face daily, but forget about their neck.
So, by including this part of your skin in your hydration routine, you’ll give your chin many beneficial nutrients and you’ll improve its firmness and elasticity. You can also make your own lotion for reducing the appearance of a double chin.
- 1/2 cup of almond or extra virgin coconut oil (100 g)
- 15 drops of essential grapefruit oil
- 5 drops of essential lavender oil
- 10 drops of essential rose oil
Essential oils are very beneficial for eliminating a double chin. Grapefruit oil helps to eliminate excess liquids and to burn fat. Lavender oil relaxes and fights tension, and rose oil increases the firmness of your skin.
Also, the combination of these ingredients smells wonderful!
Preparation and application
- First, mix all of the ingredients and put them in a airtight jar
- Then, apply it twice a day: when you wake up and before bed.
5. Clay mask
To help with the elimination of toxins and liquids that accumulate below the chin, you can make a clay mask.
This mask can be very effective for your neck, just like with the rest of your body. Also, clay provides a lot of minerals.
- Don’t forget that when making the mask, you can’t use plastic or metal utensils or containers. Instead, choose glass or ceramic. Also, keep in mind that if your skin is very dry, you should mix the clay with yogurt instead of with water.