5 Easy Tricks for Treating Styes
A stye is a small bump usually formed along the eyelids. It can cause many annoying symptoms that’ll make you want to get treated as soon as possible. Despite not seeming to be possible, these effective tricks can help you eliminate styes at anytime and without needing a lot of ingredients.
Styes are caused by a bacterial infection along the eyelid. They’re known as a painless inflammation that can be bothersome when opening and closing the affected eye. The inconveniences of a stye seriously would make anyone want to do anything to get rid of it quickly and permanently.
- Palpebral inflammation.
- Infection of one of the eyelash follicles.
- Inflammation in the eyelash sweat glands.
- Staphylococci or common bacteria skin infection.
You might be interested in: 10 Foods that Help Fight Infections
Tricks for treating styes
If you’re trying to treat a stye quickly, one of the most ancient methods, which actually works the pretty good, is applying heat to the affected area. In order to do so, you’ll only need a piece of gold.
- Rub a ring, or any piece of gold against a clean cloth or piece of clothing.
- Keep rubbing until the ring is warm.
- Place it directly on the stye.
- Repeat 10 times in a row every day.
2. Topical aloe vera
Among many wonderful uses of aloe vera, you can also soothe a stye quickly and effectively. It’s possible thanks to aloe vera’s pain-relieving and healing effects.
- Aloe vera leaf.
- Gauze pad or a clean cloth.
- Take the aloe vera leaf and peel it vertically to extract the pulp and use it as a gel.
- Dip the gauze pad completely into the pulp and apply it directly on the stye.
- Let it sit for a half hour and wash off with warm water.
- Dry with a paper towel.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times a day for best results.
Please read: 9 Medicinal Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel
3. Chamomile tea bags
Chamomile helps soothe and reduce inflammation. It’s a herb with medicinal powers that have regenerative effects on eyelids.
- 1 chamomile tea bag.
- 1 cup of boiling water (250 ml).
- Place the chamomile tea bag in the boiling water.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Put the chamomile tea bag right on top of the stye. Let it sit until it cools and remove afterwards.
- Repeat 2 times a day. Every treatment should last 10 minutes.
- The application of this treatment will help eliminate your stye.
4. Antibiotic ointments
- Antibiotic ointments prescribed by a doctor.
- Once you’ve seen the doctor and have received the antibiotic ointment, you should apply it using clean hands. Not doing so could make the infection worse.
5. A full night’s sleep
Getting eight hours of sleep is another expert recommendation for treating styes. It’s one of the most simple and effective tricks out there.
- Go to bed at 9:00 for three nights in a row and you’ll be getting a full night’s sleep more often.
- After 3 nights of going to bed early, the stye will disappear. It’s as simple as closing your eyes and waiting for nature run it’s course. There’s no doubt about it, it’s the best trick.