5 Drinks to Help You Sleep Better and Lose Weight
A good night’s rest and losing weight are two goals that aren’t hard to achieve with one remedy, one natural solution. Thus, it’s important to take into account different natural ways that can help you sleep better and lose weight.
The key to this secret can be found in discovering alternative foods with the capacity to act as a natural sedative to our bodies, while at the same time taking care of our liver. We can’t forget that this organ is responsible for the essential duties involved in detoxification throughout the night.
These basic and necessary functions help stabilize our blood sugar levels.
They’re also in charge of taking the necessary actions to eliminate harmful substances, prevent liquid retention, and synthesize enzymes and vitamins. A liver that properly works throughout the night not only leads to better rest but also facilitates weight loss.
A good night’s rest by itself doesn’t make us lose weight; instead, the maintenance of a more balanced and healthy body allows us to lose those extra pounds a little easier.
We’d like to suggest that from here on out, you introduce these habits into your before-bedtime routine.
If you drink one of these natural drinks one hour before bed, you’ll end up with a restorative sleep and will optimize hepatic functioning. We’re sure you’ll love them.
Drinks to Help you Sleep Better and Lose Weight
1. Grape juice to sleep better and lose weight
Natural grape juice is a fantastic resource for maintaining our health.
Now, if we get used to drinking a glass of grape juice every night, various things are going to happen:
- The first is detoxing our bodies and obtaining many antioxidants, which are very helpful for our liver.
- Interestingly, grape juice is also easy and quick to digest
You won’t notice its effects on your body per se, but you’ll have a better overall wellbeing that will result in a more relaxed sleep.
We can’t forget to mention that its advantages carry through to the next morning: it also combats constipation and acts as a natural diuretic.
Fun fact: cherry juice is just as beneficial as grape juice.
Cherries help us synthesize melatonin, the hormone responsible for regulating our sleep-wake cycle.
We recommend you also read:
2. Chamomile tea
We’re sure you’ve probably, more than once, drank manzanilla or chamomile tea to calm your nerves.
This plant, dating back centuries in natural medicine, releases a compound called apigenin.
- Apigenin is an element that creates a reaction similar to a relaxation medicine by connecting gamma-Aminobutyric acid receptors in the brain.
- On top of acting as a light tranquilizer, chamomile tea acts as an intermediary for the overall health of the digestive system: it improves the absorption of nutrients, it’s a diuretic, and cares for our liver.
- Finally, remember: don’t drink these nighttime drinks at high temperatures.
It’s common to think that a hot drink will lead to better rest.
Actually, we have to be careful: it’s best to make sure that these aren’t too hot. It is not healthy for your liver or your intestines. Instead, it’s better to drink them warm.
3. Kefir with honey
As you know, one of the most effective remedies to catch some Z’s is a warm glass of milk with honey. Well, since so many people have lactose sensitivities or allergies, kefir serves as a better option.
- Consuming fermented foods rich in healthy bacterias is extremely beneficial for the liver: it helps us create more bile through cholesterol.
- At the same time, it’s important to note that kefir improves digestion, prevents constipation, and cleans out our intestines.
- Another interesting fact is that kefir has an “anti-stress” effect. Kefir contains tryptophan, an amazing amino acid that, together with magnesium, contributes to a good night’s sleep.
- If we also add a teaspoon of honey to the kefir, we will benefit from the “L-tryptophan”, another essential amino acid for getting some rest.
4. Almond milk
Drinking almond milk with a bit of honey also will help us sleep better and lose weight.
This combination provides a perfect and small bit of glucose that helps the brain regulate orexin, a neurotransmitter that its main job is to create and maintain the body’s alertness.
Equally important, almond milk also helps us regulate levels of high cholesterol or triglycerides, something essential for weight loss.
5. Warm water with lemon
On our site, we’ll always recommend warm water with lemon to wake up or while fasting. Well, starting today, you can change that habit and start drinking it an hour before going to bed.
- It will help clean your liver of toxins and impurities
- You will make more of your body’s alkaline, which is super helpful for the lymphatic and circulatory systems when completing their cleansing routines during the nighttime.
- Lemon improves digestion, and because of that, we find ourselves more relaxed and free of potential stomach issues that may wake us up in the middle of the night.
You might also like:
Also, if you eat a meal high in saturated fats, it will help lighten the load and metabolize the meal.
Feel free to try one of these ideas every day and little by little, you’ll notice the benefits.It might interest you...