5 delicious, nutritious and easy avocado recipes
Avocado is great for keeping your skin healthy, as it plays a part in the formation of new cells.
Do you like avocado? Do you eat it a lot? It’s a very healthy fruit that’s rich in fatty acids, but it had a bad reputation for many years. However, despite it being rich in fats, you should know that it’s actually very good for you.
A diet that includes avocado will help:
- Keep your skin hydrated.
- Form new cells.
- Give your skin elasticity.
If you don’t know where to start, make the following avocado recipes. There is something for everyone’s tastes, so it won’t be hard to find one to your liking. Ready? Tell us which one is your favorite.
1. Tropical avocado smoothie
If you are practical and looking for something quick, you will love the first avocado recipe. It has a fresh, surprising taste and may just become one of your favorites.
The pineapple adds an exotic flavor and contains antioxidants and a high percentage of water. It’s great for your skin. The coconut water will provide hydration, vitamins and minerals, and the avocado complements everything with its creamy, soft texture.
Try this smoothie if you don’t drink enough water and you want something with a piña colada flavor. We’re sure that you will love it.
- 1 cup of coconut water (250 ml)
- 1 slice of pineapple
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds (5 g)
- 1/2 cup of washed, chopped spinach (125 g)
- Blend all of the ingredients and drink right away.
You can add a couple of ice cubes if it’s a hot day. It will also keep the smoothie from darkening as a result of the oxidation of the avocado.
2. Light avocado cream
Do you want something that’s easy to make, light and goes well with lunch? This cream is perfect for dressing meats, fish or just by itself. The best options to accompany it are grilled, cooked or steamed meats.
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth without fat, or water (60 ml)
- 1 cubed ripe avocado, peeled and without the pit
- 1/4 cup of natural, low-fat yogurt (125 ml)
- 1/4 small onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cilantro bunch
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (15 ml)
- Blend the avocado, yogurt, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper until it forms a cream.
- In a medium-sized pot, heat the oil.
- Add the mixture from the blender and put on low until it boils.
- Add the chicken broth and more salt and pepper if necessary. Let it boil again until you have a creamy consistency.
To serve this recipe as a soup, simply garnish with a few avocado cubes and cilantro. Try it with bread or croutons. If you make the cream to go along with your meat or protein, add a tablespoon or two when you serve it.
You can vary the thickness of the cream by changing the quantity of chicken broth. Another way to use this cream is with pasta; the result is very creamy and kids love it.
3. Traditional Mexican guacamole
Do you want a classic, delicious, easy-to-make recipe? If so, you will love the following avocado recipe. Its ingredients make it perfect for vegetarians who like a slightly spicy flavor. Accompany this guacamole with some tortilla chips or serve it as a garnish on your proteins.
- 1/4 white onion in small cubes
- 2 small, seedless chiles cut into cubes
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1/2 cubed ripe avocado
- 1 medium tomato, cubed
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and serve it. You can add a little salt if you would like, but it isn’t necessary.
4. Avocado and bean salad
The next avocado recipe is ideal for adding protein to your diet. Because of its ease and fresh taste, it’s perfect for hot summer days.
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/2 cup of beans, drained (125 g)
- 2 tablespoons of cubed onions (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped cilantro (15 g)
- 1/2 ripe tomato, cubed
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and serve.
Serve the salad with corn chips. You can use this recipe to make a burrito as well. To do so, just wrap it in flour tortillas.
5. Chocolate avocado milkshake
The last avocado recipe is a nutritious, sweet option perfect for the entire family. We recommend it especially for children who refuse to eat healthy foods. It’s a great way to get them to consume more vitamins and minerals. From now on, switch out store-bought chocolate shakes for this one.
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder (15 g)
- 1 cup of almond milk (250 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon of granulated Splenda (2.5 g)
Blend all of the ingredients and serve immediately.It might interest you...