5 Cosmetic Treatments to Naturally Reduce Bags Under the Eyes
Bags under the eyes are those unsightly dark rings that appear for almost everyone. They show up when capillaries on the surface of the skin dilate or when there is excess melanin in that particular area.
This tends to be hereditary and hormonal, but often it can be associated with sleep disorders, stress, and a poor diet.
Although it’s not a serious health problem and it can disappear on its own, some prefer to treat it themselves to minimize that tired look.
Luckily, there are natural produces that promote oxygenation of the skin and reduce the problem.
In this article, we’ll share 5 great options that you shouldn’t hesitate to try out!
1. Aloe vera and vitamin E
A cream made out of aloe vera gel and vitamin E helps to hydrate the affected area and minimize the appearance of dark rings.
By massaging it in, it also improves circulation and helps prevent flaccid and inflamed skin.
- 3 tbsps. of aloe vera gel (45 g)
- ½ tsp. of vitamin E oil (2 g)
- Extract the aloe vera gel and mix it in a bowl with the vitamin E oil.
- Spread the mixture around your eyes, mainly over the dark areas.
- Leave it to act for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Use it every night after removing makeup and before going to bed.
2. Turmeric and Milk
This turmeric and milk mask is a natural product with many cosmetic uses. Although it’s commonly used to prevent premature wrinkles, it is also a great choice for dark rings and bags under the eyes.
- 1 tbsp. of ground turmeric (10 g)
- 2 tbsps. of cold milk (20 ml)
- Mix the turmeric and the cold milk until you get a creamy paste.
- If it’s still a little dry, add a bit more milk.
- Spread the mask around the eyes and leave it to act for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it with warm water and apply moisturising cream.
- Repeat this at least 3 times a week.
3. Avocado and olive oil
The amino acids and essential fatty acids in this mask encourage hydration of that delicate skin around the eyes. If that weren’t enough, they also reduce the appearance of dark circles, blemishes and wrinkles.
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil (16 g)
- Crush half an avocado and mix it with the olive oil.
- Carefully apply the cream to your eyelids and dark areas.
- Leave it to act for 20 minutes and rinse.
- Repeat this every day, preferably before going to bed.
The refreshing and anti-inflammatory properties of chamomile are great for reducing the appearance of dark rings, especially when they’re caused by tiredness or a bad night’s sleep.
Amons other things, this infusion is a natural tonic for hydrating the tissues and prevented loose skin.
- 1 tbsp. of camomile flowers (10 g)
- ½ cup of water (125 ml)
- Add the chamomile flowers to half a cup of boiling water, cover it, and let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Then, put the infusion in the fridge until it’s cold.
- Soak a couple of balls of cotton wool in the infusion, close your eyes, and apply to your eyelids.
- Make sure that you cover the dark areas, and leave it act for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this every morning and night.
5. Melon and milk
Because of its high water content and amount of anti-oxidants, melon is ideal for refreshing the area around your eyes and reducing the size of dark circles and bags.
- 1 slice of melon
- 3 tbsps. of milk (30 ml)
- Mash the slice of melon. Once you’ve obtained a paste, mix it with the milk.
- Spread the treatment over the area around the eyes and leave it to act for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Use it for 3 consecutive days.
Does your face look tired or aged? Can you not get rid of those dark patches under your eyes? If so, don’t hesitate to try out these home remedies to get rid of them!It might interest you...