5 Things that Cause Premature Aging in Women
Lack of proper hydration, an unhealthy diet, stress and worry can all cause your immune system to weaken and can accelerate premature aging.
For the moment, neither science nor miracles can prevent the implacable passing of time. Aging is something natural that we all must face with integrity, optimism, and fortitude. However, there is a sure fact: our habits and lifestyle determine the impact of wrinkles, flabbiness, and premature aging.
However, there are issues that come with premature aging that we can delay and even reduce with appropriate strategies.
Do you want to know what they are?
Let’s take a look.
5 Harmful Things that Cause Premature Aging
1. Harmful foods
All of us know that our diet plays a determining role in our health and the correct functioning of the body.
However, without realizing it, throughout our life we begin adopting certain eating habits that actually cause us harm and accelerate our aging.
Think about the excess of refined flour that we eat and of the precooked meals that are a quick option for dinner when we get home. Don’t forget that they are high-calorie foods that we don’t need and that convert not only into stored fat, but into cholesterol, and a lack of proper nutrients for your skin.
So then, what types of foods should we avoid to help prevent premature aging?
- Sweets: Remember that an excess of sweets destroys the collagen of your skin.
- Alcoholic drinks: An excess of alcohol attacks the liver and, therefore, it’s unable to remove toxins, which then cause early aging. Always drink with moderation!
- Salty foods: All of us love salty snacks, potato chips and even those bags full of delicious nuts. Unfortunately, however, these are a big danger to your health. Salt is very harmful for the body and it encourages the appearance of cellulitis.
- Processed meats, such as hot dogs and hamburgers: These foods contain sulfites, which accelerate aging.
- Red meat: Red meat is rich in free radicals, which attack the collagen of the skin and cause aging.
- Sugary and carbonated beverages: These are huge enemies of your health and beauty.
- All foods that are rich in trans fats: Trans fatty acid causes inflammation and fluid retention, and makes us more vulnerable to damage by sunlight and causes many heart problems. Avoid it!
Click to read more:
2. Unmanaged worry and stress
There’s a fact that we must not overlook: women are more susceptible to stress than men. Unfortunately, we suffer from it to a greater degree and for a longer period of time. However, men actually confront it in a worse way and have a higher incident of death due to diseases associated with stress.
As you will see, all these negative emotions that we don’t manage with translate not only into psychosomatic illnesses, but stress also causes premature aging.
Do you want to know why?
A stressful situation that lasts for months or years causes severe changes in our body. Cortisol, the stress hormone, accelerates the heartbeat, causes serious issues such as arteriosclerosis, and even affects your brain health.
In addition to cortisol, stress can also release epinephrine, better known as adrenaline, which causes cell oxidation. It also prevents the synthesizing of nutrients and causes an accumulation of lipids in the blood.
Stress causes your immune system to deteriorate. As a consequence, premature aging appears in a striking way.
Learn to manage your emotions and eliminate stress!
3. Low intake of antioxidants
A low intake of antioxidants in your diet is something that you probably don’t pay enough attention to. However, it makes you more vulnerable to the impact of free radicals and its effects on your skin.
Therefore, take note of these foods that you should include in your diet:
- A glass of lemon juice on an empty stomach
- Brussel sprouts
- A cup of green tea or white tea every day
- 2 servings of oily fish each week
More information in:
4. One of the biggest factors of aging: the sun!
The sun is important for our health, as it helps us to synthesize nutrients such like vitamin D. Plus, it’s even helpful to improve our mood.
However, remember to get sun exposure with caution. Avoid it during the middle of the day, and, above all, remember to always use a good sunscreen (including as a base for your makeup each day).
To all the women that love to sunbathe in the summer, be aware that this is one of the main factors of premature aging in women. Protect yourself!
Calcium is a mineral that we need in a greater quantity throughout the later stages of our life.
Women tend to suffer from bone loss and osteoporosis.
By not providing enough calcium early on, it can cause your bones to age prematurely as well. Therefore, it’s very important to consume the following foods as much as possible in order to improve your health:
- A natural yogurt without sugar.
- A glass of milk (if you are not lactose intolerant and can adequately digest it. If you cannot, try drinking almond milk or milk from another nut.)
- A portion of tofu in your salads.
- Three walnuts and three almonds each day.
If your mother or other family members suffer from osteoporosis, you should talk to your doctor about how you can meet your calcium needs through supplements. The sooner you start, the better!
Remember to always put these simple tips in practice in order to prevent premature aging.