For the moment, neither science nor miracles have avoided the implacable passing of time. Aging is something natural that we all must face with integrity, optimism and fortitude. However, there is a sure fact: our habits and lifestyle will determine to a greater or lesser extent the impact of wrinkles, flabbiness…
These are issues associated with premature aging that we can delay and even reduce, through appropriate strategies and, above all, keeping in mind a series of mistakes that, usually, we overlook. Do you want to know what they are? Take note!
1. Foods you should not eat to avoid premature raging
All of us know very well that our diet is what determines our health and the correct functioning of our body. Now then, almost without realizing it, throughout our life we begin adopting certain eating habits that, far from bringing us appropriate benefits, actually cause us harm and accelerate our aging.
Think about the excess of refined flour that we eat in our breads, in many of those precooked meals which are a quick option for dinner when we get home. Do not forget that they are high caloric foods that we don’t need and that convert not only into stored fat, but into cholesterol, a lack of proper nutrients for your skin…
So then, what types of foods should we avoid to help prevent premature aging?
- Sweets: remember that an excess of sweets destroys the collagen of the skin.
- Alcoholic drinks: an excess of alcohol attacks the liver and, therefore, we are unable to remove toxins, which then cause early aging. Always drink with moderation!
- Salty foods: all of us love snacks, potato chips and even those bags full of delicious and healthy dried fruits. These are a big danger to your health. Do not forget, salt is very dangerous for our body and further, it encourages the appearance of cellulitis.
- Processed meats such as hot dogs and hamburgers: these foods contain sulfites, which accelerate aging.
- Red meat: red meat is rich in free radicals, which attack the collagen of the skin and cause aging.
- Sugary and carbonated sodas: these are huge enemies of our health and our beauty.
- All foods that are rich in “trans” fats: the trans fatty acid causes inflammation and fluid retention, and makes us more vulnerable to damage by sunlight and causes many heart problems. Avoid them!!
2. Worry and stress which are not properly dealt with
There is a fact that we must not overlook: women are more susceptible to stress than men; we suffer from it to a greater degree and for a longer period of time. However, men actually confront it in a worse way and have a higher incident of death due to diseases associated with stress.
As you will see, all these negative emotions that we do not adequately deal with translate not only into the classic psychosomatic illnesses, but also stress causes premature aging. Do you want to know why?
- A stressful situation that lasts for months or years will cause severe changes in our body. Cortisol accelerates the heartbeat, causes serious lesions such as arteriosclerosis, and also affects our brain health.
- In addition to cortisol, stress can also release epinephrine, better known as adrenaline, which causes cell oxidation, prevents the synthesizing of nutrients and causes an accumulation of lipids in the blood.
- Stress causes our immunological system to deteriorate and as a consequence, premature aging appears in a striking way. Better learn to manage your emotions!
3. Low intake of antioxidants
The low intake of antioxidants in our diet is something that we don’t usually pay enough attention to, but which makes us more vulnerable to the impact of free radicals and its effects in our skin.
Therefore, take note of these foods that you should include in your diet from today on:
- A glass of lemon juice on an empty stomach.
- Brussel sprouts
- A cup of green tea or white tea every day.
- 2 servings of oily fish each week.
4. One of the biggest factors of aging: the sun!
The sun is important for our health, it helps us to synthesize nutrients such as in the case of vitamin D and is even helpful to improve our mood. However, remember to receive sun exposure with caution, avoiding it during the central hours of the middle of the day, and, above all, remember to always use a good sunscreen (including as a base for your makeup each day).
To all the women that love to sunbathe in the summer, from now on be aware that this is one of the principal factors of premature aging in women. Protect yourself!
5. Women and calcium
Calcium is a mineral that we need in greater quantity throughout the later stages of our life. Why? It is women who normally suffer from the classic bone loss and osteoporosis, which soon or later can have an impact on our lives.
By not providing enough calcium early on, it can cause our bones to age prematurely as well. Therefore, it is very important to consume the following foods every day in order to improve your health:
- A natural yoghurt without sugar.
- A glass of milk (if you are not lactose intolerant and can adequately digest it. If you cannot try drinking almond milk or milk from another nut.)
- A portion of tofu in your salads.
- 3 walnuts and 3 almonds each day.
If your mother or other family members suffer from osteoporosis, you should talk to your doctor about how you can meet your calcium needs through supplements. The sooner you start, the better!
Remember to always put in practice these simple tips in order to avoid premature aging.