5 Alternative Uses for Eggshells
Instead of throwing away eggshells, you can use them for multiple purposes to make the most of all the nutrients they contain.
You wake up in the morning, head to the kitchen, turn on the coffee maker and start your day. Later, after showering and making yourself up, you go and decide to make yourself breakfast: “What if I make some eggs?”
But have you ever heard of the alternative uses for eggshells?
Believe it or not, in addition to serving as a nutritious and delicious food, eggs have quite peculiar alternative uses.
Surely, you are already familiar with the idea of how healthy and recommended it is to consume eggs in a balanced diet. All the possible ways to prepare them in the kitchen, and the benefits it has for you.
Did you ever stop to think what uses, other than to feed yourself, eggs could have?
If you did not know, the shell is one of the most amazing engineering designs that nature could have created.
It appears fragile, although an egg shell is effectively solid and perfect to isolate organic material (the chicken embryo) from the outside world.
And it’s not just that. Eggs also feature high values of groups of amino acids and molecules important for the preservation and care of DNA strands.
Alternative uses for eggs
1. To whiten clothes
Yes, you read it right. We know that you would not have any problem in locating bleach for this household task.
However, you can get a much more natural alternative with eggshells.
Simply wrap it in a tightly closed gauze and put it inside the washer to whiten your clothes. It’s perfect to get stains out of your clothes.
2. As a nutrient for plants
The beneficial nutrients of eggs are not only for humans.
- Following a fairly simple method, eggshells function as an emitter of various nutrients to plants.
- You will only need a glass container, warm water, eggshells, and little sunlight.
- With these ingredients, you will create a highly effective cocktail to care for plants.
Water your plants with this water for 10 or 15 minutes to nourish them and strengthen your garden.
3. Homemade chalk
- 1 tablespoon of flour (10 g)
- 1 cup of very hot water (250 ml)
- 5 ground eggshells
- Coloring (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the flour with hot water and add 1 tablespoon of the ground eggshells.
- Mix well and let it form a thick paste.
- Add the coloring you like and mix all the ingredients well.
- Then put the result of the previous processes in molds.
- Allow to dry for three days.
4. Pest and animal controller
If rodents, snails, or even cats have your nerves on edge because they destroy your beloved lawn, eggshells will give you the solution instantly.
You just have to crush them and spread them around your garden. You will notice how, little by little, the pests will disappear and stop bothering you.
5. As a channel for good energy
For some, maintaining the correct balance between the mind and the spirit is a challenge, which translates into a responsibility increasingly practiced by more people.
Eggs are an idea tool for channeling positive energy.
Those who adopt this practice assure that the egg has a property to block bad vibes. It’s like a filter, but for the spirit.
So what are you waiting for? Try out some of these alternative uses for eggs!