4 Ways to Use Garlic to Treat Hypertension
Do you suffer from hypertension? Do you have a close family member that is beginning to have problems with their blood pressure? In the first place, you should always follow the advice of your doctor. Secondly, it is important to realize that it will be necessary to change your habits.
Eating better, restricting your consumption of salt, sugar, and saturated fats, and doing some exercise each day will undoubtedly be excellent ways to treat hypertension. However, there is also a home remedy that is worth the effort to keep in mind: garlic.
Did you know that garlic is one of those natural resources that, according to many studies, is an excellent protector of our heart health? It sure is. Thanks to garlic, you can reduce the level of bad cholesterol (LDL) and regulate your blood pressure.
We will show you 4 effective ways of achieving this.
1. Garlic salt for your foods
Allicin is a medicinal enzyme present in garlic, and it is this enzyme that provides us with the best benefit for our heart health, for which it is worth having in mind. It is also interesting to know that garlic was a sort of daily medication used by the ancient Greeks and Romans to cure diseases and strengthen the heart.
Do not forget that garlic is one of the best natural antibiotics in existence and that it is also the basic food of the Mediterranean Diet, which is considered to be the healthiest nutrition pattern in the world. Now then, if this diet is so healthy it is basically because it restricts the use of salt and uses mainly healthy fats from olive oil, for example.
Do you want to know how to completely eliminate salt from your dishes by substituting it with “garlic salt?” Take note.
Ingredients to make your own garlic salt
- 6 whole garlic
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (2 ounces)
- It is really simple. The first thing to do is peel the garlic cloves and sauté them in a skillet with the olive oil. Once they are a golden color, turn off the heat. Be careful that they don’t burn!
- Next strain off the olive oil, so that they do not retain moisture but will remain crispy, and place them in a glass jar. Each time you need a little garnish to make your dishes tastier, you only need to grate some of this garlic and add it to your dish. You will see that it add a very nice touch!
2. Consume garlic on an empty stomach
In our blogs, we have spoken before on various occasions about the wonderful benefits of consuming garlic on an empty stomach. This is a wonderful way to regulate blood pressure and further, to combat a number of illnesses. It can detox the liver, fight physical tiredness, prevent infections … How can you resist all these wonderful benefits?
How should I use garlic to help fight high blood pressure and treat hypertension?
- The ideal thing is to consume two garlic cloves on an empty stomach just after getting up in the morning, along with a glass of water.
- It is possible that this remedy might seem a bit strong, but if you stop to analyze all the benefits this little morning endeavor is worth the effort, and the results will be noted in just 20 days.
- If you are worried about the possible bad smell that might remain with you, you just need to drink a little lemon juice or chew a mint leaf. The smell will disappear almost immediately!
3. Garlic marinated in olive oil
We can assure you this one is delicious. Taking a little garlic which has been marinated in olive oil is an ancient remedy that can help you to reduce high blood pressure in a very simple way, without forgetting, that it is also a very delicious and original culinary resource.
What do you need?
- 20 heads of whole garlic, peeled
- A liter (32 ounces) of extra virgin olive oil
- A glass jar
How to prepare it?
- The first thing to do is peel the garlic cloves and split them in half. Now you only need to fill the glass jar that you have selected with the liter of olive oil and add the 20 heads of garlic, which are clean and cut in half.
- You should let the contents sit for at least three weeks before beginning to use this oil or the garlic. One excellent way to take advantage of the benefits of this remedy to help reduce high blood pressure is to spread this medicinal oil on two slices of bread and eat it daily. It is also recommended to eat two of the garlic cloves each day.
4. Garlic tea
Delicious! Tea made from garlic is another ancient remedy which is very useful to care for our heart health, to lose weight, to fight infections and to slow down premature aging, thanks to its high content of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
It would be very beneficial to drink this tea on an empty stomach, or 20 minutes after your lunch. If you choose to eat two garlic cloves on an empty stomach, then you could choose to drink this delicious tea in the afternoon. Both methods are effective at fighting high blood pressure. Take note of how you can prepare it.
- One garlic clove
- One glass of water (6.7 ounces)
- A little bit of grated ginger (0.25 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (0.5 ounces)
- A tablespoon of honey (1 ounce)
- Begin by heating the glass of water. Once it begins to boil, add the garlic clove (which you have previously crushed), the grated ginger and the tablespoon of honey. Stir well and let it cook for about 20 minutes. Afterward, strain the contents and drink the infusion.
- Next step? Now add the lemon juice. This is delicious!