Four Ways to Lighten Dark Skin on Your Neck
Today, we're going to give you some tips on how to get your neck to look perfect and lighten any dark skin patches.
Our clothes are not the only things that can interfere with our perfect look. Another factor can affect our appearance is having a much darker skin tone on your neck.
It’s clear that it’s not always easy to take care of this area of skin.
In this article, we’ll take a look at some natural ways to lighten dark skin on your neck.
Daily Skin Maintenance
The following recommendations may be costly, but you will quickly see a difference in your skin tone and look if you follow them.
- Rub your neck with milk, as it is a great cleanser.
- Then, exfoliate the skin on your neck with a gentle exfoliant. You can do this by mixing some olive oil with sugar and then gently rubbing your neck.
- Once you’ve properly exfoliated your skin, wash it with water and apply a moisturizing cream.
- Don’t forget to use the same sunscreen you use on your face, as this will prevent pigmentation on your neck.
Learn more in:
Lemon has multiple properties, including skin lightening properties, due to the citric acid it contains.
There are two different ways to make the skin on your neck lighter by using lemon.
Let’s take a look at one of them:
Lighten Your Skin with Lemons: Method 1
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (5 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of rose water (5 ml)
- The first thing you’ll have to do is mix the lemon juice with the rose water.
- Apply this mixture gently on the dark areas of your neck before going to bed at night and after cleaning and exfoliating your skin.
- Then, leave this mixture on all night long.
- In the morning, rinse it off well with water.
You’ll have to repeat this treatment for a month to be table to see any notable differences. After a month has passed, you’ll notice that the skin on your neck will be much clearer.
To make using this treatment more practical, prepare several day’s worth of the mixture.
In addition, there’s a second way to lighten the skin on your neck by using lemon. Take note.
Lighten Your Skin with Lemons: Method 2
Read this interesting article:
- The juice of a fresh lemon
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 cotton ball
- Mix the lemon juice with the turmeric powder until you have a smooth mixture.
- Then, apply this mixture on your neck area with the help of a cotton ball or your hand.
- Leave the mixture on your neck for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After this, rinse it off with plenty of water.
Note: Try not to go outside after applying lemon juice if you haven’t applied adequate protection, as this can have harmful effects and cause bleached white patches to appear.
Use an oatmeal mask
A homemade oatmeal mask may be another great way to lighten the skin on your neck. This ingredient can also be used as an excellent exfoliant.
In addition, mixing oatmeal with other products may be an ideal choice to lighten dark skin on your neck.
- Ground oats
- Tomato pulp
- Mix the ground oats with the tomato pulp until you obtain a more or less smooth paste.
- You’ll have to apply this mixture on your neck, focusing more on the dark areas.
- Leave the paste on for about 15 or 20 minutes.
- Then, wet your neck and massage it with circular movements. This will exfoliate your skin and help remove dead skin cells.
- Leave this natural oatmeal scrub on for about 5 or 7 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- Finally, apply a moisturizer on your neck and massage it in until it has been absorbed.
Use baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of salt (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil (16 g)
- A tablespoon of baking soda (10 g)
- To begin with, you’ll have to mix all the ingredients together in a glass container until you get a smooth cream.
- Apply this mixture to the dark skin on your neck and leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Then, you can simply rinse the mixture off with plenty of cold water, and that’s it.
Overall, this is how simple it is to make excellent remedies for dark skin with homemade ingredients, which will make the skin on your neck the same color as your face.