Who can deny that one of the best garments that a woman can wear is her healthy hair? With it, you can have whatever style that you want and change it in minutes.
However, achieving long and healthy hair isn’t so simple. It requires the correct routine and the constant application of natural treatments.
Fortunately, there are some options that barely require any time or energy and will give you surprising results.
You don’t believe us? Keep reading to find out some good tricks to have long and healthy hair.
1. Use natural shampoo without salt
We know that the purpose of shampoo is to wash our hair and scalp. That’s why when you go to buy it, you should consider the characteristics of your hair to choose the best option.
For some time now, we have heard of using shampoo without salt. More than being simply a fad or a sales trick, you should know that salt doesn’t contribute any real benefits to your hair.
It’s actually quite the opposite: salt increases frizz and reduces natural hydration, thus preventing your hair from being long and healthy.
If you have received treatments for straight hair, deep hydration, or other hair treatments, it’s essential that you use shampoo without salt to preserve their effects.
Our recommendation is that you opt for the most natural shampoo possible. Here is a list of recipes that you can make in minutes.
2. Braid your hair
If you don’t have a lot of time to do your hair everyday without damaging it or applying serums to combat the damage, braiding is your best option to achieve long and healthy hair.
This hairstyle is cute and classic. It’s also comfortable and protects your hair from toxic agents, such as pollution.
This is due to the fact that the biggest part of the hair is covered and protected. To prevent that the exposed areas are damaged, make sure to:
- Brush or comb your hair until it’s completely silky and knot-free.
- Apply a protective oil, making sure that it covers all of the hair.
- Brush again and braid, ensuring that the braid isn’t too tight or too loose.
Don’t ever leave the braid in all day and all night. The best idea is to free your hair every night and wash it to prevent grease buildup and overall dirtiness.
If you prefer to wash your hair in the mornings, undo the braid at night and brush your hair. Then, redo the braid and leave it all night.
3. Activate your blood circulation
Just brush your hair and give it a massage. It’s a simple and pleasurable treatment.
The best part is that, if you’ve had a very stressful day, the massage can also help you relieve some of the tension. Remember that the massage should be gentle and you have to apply it to your entire scalp.
If you’re following some other hair treatment, the massage will help to activate those nutrients.
A simple technique is the following:
- Massage the scalp gently with the bristles of your brush while you brush your hair.
- Every 3 days, apply a few drops of lavender oil in your hands and massage your scalp with your fingertips.
4. Use hair masks regularly
This is one of the most effective and economical tips to have long an healthy hair. You can ask your stylist to recommend you the correct product based on the characteristics of your hair.
The problem with this is that the products for sale are usually quite expensive. Although their results are good and they last a long time, we know that we don’t always have the money to invest in these products.
An alternative is to use a home remedy.
Here are a few options:
Revitalizing Mask for Greasy Hair
Having long and healthy hair without worrying about excess grease is possible. With this mask, you will reduce the grease without eliminating the hydration.
Apply it only twice per week.
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel (15 g)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (3 g)
- A tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- Mix all three ingredients and apply them to clean and untangled hair.
- Gently massage the mask into the roots of your hair and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it out with lukewarm water.
Mask for Dry Hair
If what prevents your hair from being long and healthy is that it’s always dry and has split ends, this mask will be a huge help to you.
Apply it two to three times per week.
- An egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon of avocado oil (5 g)
- Mix all of the ingredients and apply it to clean and untangled hair.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it out with lukewarm or cold water.
Don’t worry about your hair smelling like egg. After the mask, you can wash your hair with natural shampoo.
Do you have another tip or something you would like to recommend to us? Which of these tricks do you use? Which give you the best results?