4 Tea Tree Oil Masks for Hair Loss
Tea tree oil is a common ingredient in home treatments to prevent hair loss and strengthen hair. It’s been used for centuries to fight scalp infections, dandruff, and dryness.
Today it’s easy to find it in pharmacies or health food stores. It’s a great option if you’re experiencing hair loss and it looks dull and lifeless.
Try making the following masks using tea tree oil to prevent hair loss and improve its appearance.
1-Mask with water and tea tree oilThe easiest way to use tea tree oil is to mix it with distilled water. You have two options with this mask. You can wash your hair after leaving it on for a few minutes or you could let it act throughout the day.
If you have oily hair, we suggest the first option. For dry hair it’s best to leave it on all day. This will not only help you avoid hair loss, but also moisturize your hair at the same time.
- ½ cup of distilled water (125 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of tea tree oil (45 ml)
- 1 small spray bottle
- Mix the water and oil in the spray bottle and shake well.
- Apply thoroughly to your hair until it’s completely wet. You can use your fingers to comb it through.
- Gently massage it into the scalp for five minutes.
- Leave it in for at least 10 minutes before rinsing.
- Repeat this process three times a week.
- Store the mixture in a cool place and always shake before reapplying.
We recommend you read: 9 oils that improve your appearance in 7 days
2-Simple tea tree shampoo
Are you looking for a shampoo that will help you avoid hair loss, but none of them have worked for you? This is more common than you might think. Unfortunately, most commercial shampoos are full of chemicals that can make your problem worse, and the ones that do work are very expensive.
Try the following shampoo recipe and you’ll see that after a few applications you can forget about hair loss. Best of all, you can add any scent you like!
- 1 clean, empty shampoo bottle
- 1 cup of neutral, unscented shampoo (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of tea tree oil (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of mint oil (or any scent you prefer) (15 ml)
- Combine the shampoo, tea tree oil, and mint oil in the bottle.
- Shake well to mix the ingredients well.
- Apply this shampoo to damp hair using a gently massage for three minutes.
- Leave it on for seven minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and comb as usual.
- Replace your regular shampoo with this one.
3-Nutritious oil hair mask
When you mix olive oil and tea tree oil you get a very nourishing hair mask. We recommend avoiding its use if you have oily hair, however, because it could worsen your problem.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of tea tree oil (30 ml)
- Start by brushing your hair thoroughly to remove any tangles and make it easier to handle.
- Combine the oils in a small container.
- Use your fingers or a brush to apply this oil from the roots to the ends.
- Make sure you don’t leave any sections uncovered and use a gentle massage for five minutes.
- Cover with a shower cap and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, rinse with warm water.
- Apply this mask twice a week.
Read also: 6 key vitamins for hair growth
4-Baking soda mask for hair loss
Having oily hair can be a problem all by itself. In addition to it looking like you never washed it in just a few hours, it limits the options you can use for hair care.
If you have oily hair, baking soda is the perfect ingredient for you. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties that eliminate microbes and heal any wounds that might be present on your scalp.
Baking soda has anti-inflammatory effects and helps balance the pH of your skin. Finally, it unclogs pores and leaves your hair feeling fresh and clean.
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda (30 g)
- 5 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey (15 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of water (30 ml)
- Mix these ingredients together until a paste forms.
- Apply it to your hair.
- Use a gentle massage for 10 minutes, paying special attention to the scalp.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and remove using a natural shampoo.
- Apply twice a week.
Avoiding hair loss is simple and affordable when you use the right ingredients. Try one of these treatments or combine a few of them to get all the benefits.
Which one is your favorite?