Four Recipes for a Quick and Healthy Breakfast
In this article, we'll take a look recipes for a quick and healthy breakfast so you can fully benefit from everything that the first meal of the day gives you.
A healthy breakfast is a powerful guarantee that you’ll start the day on the right foot.
This is not only because it allows you to be more active, but because it allows you to be more agile, even in tasks that require more mental effort.
Since we often don’t have very much time these days, we must take advantage of it as much as possible. Therefore, we recommend that you opt for a healthy breakfast despite the rush. There are many recipes that you can easily prepare in a short time that you can take advantage of daily.
Contrary to what most people tend to think, having a good breakfast provides multiple benefits in the short, medium and long term. For this reason, it’s necessary to learn to nourish ourselves properly, regardless of how much time you have to prepare it.
1. Banana pancakes: A delicious breakfast
Bananas are a great energy source, which is very useful to start the day. This food contains vitamins A, B, C, and D, magnesium and folic acid, which is important for the formation of red blood cells.
In addition, bananas encourage good mood, the production of mucous secretion and the stabilization of colon functions in the large intestine.
- 2 medium-sized, ripe bananas (240 gr)
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- 2 eggs (126gr)
- Peel the bananas and use a fork to mash them into a puree.
- Add the ground cinnamon to taste.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the banana puree and cinnamon.
- Stir to mix everything together.
- Place two drops of oil in a medium skillet and pour the mixture to form a medium-thick layer.
- Let the pancake cook for 3 minutes and flip it.
- Serve and add a few drops of honey, maple syrup or agave syrup if you wish.
Also see: 6 Easy and Unique Ways to Use Bananas
2. Yogurt with strawberries, a light breakfast
Yogurt is rich in calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. These minerals make your bones stronger. In addition, this food is an ideal ally for combating all kinds of harmful bacteria that are found in the digestive system.
It helps stabilize the intestinal flora, lowers cholesterol and, in general, strengthens the immune system. Now, if you combine this fabulous food with natural fruits in one breakfast, it whas a high nutritional value and can even be rich in antioxidants.
For the next recipe, we’ll combine natural yogurt with fresh strawberries. Strawberries are delicious fruit that give us a good dose of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium and folic acid. They’re also rich in antioxidants.
- A spoonful of powdered milk (17 gr)
- A cup of natural (or Greek) yogurt
- 1 cup of strawberries (200gr)
- Sugar to taste
- Cut the fresh strawberries into small slices.
- Serve the natural yogurt in a cup, add the spoonful of milk powder and the amount of sugar you want.
- Add the strawberries and mix all the ingredients with a spoon, and you’re done. It’s so easy to make a healthy breakfast!
3. Spinach Omelettes: A green breakfast
Spinach has endless nutritional qualities that make it an ideal food for the morning. It has anti-inflammatory properties, and it is a source of vitamins A, C and K and folic acid.
This green leafy vegetable contains antioxidants, is rich in iron and magnesium, and is extremely beneficial for taking care of heart health and regulating high blood pressure.
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese (30gr)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (15 gr)
- A cup of spinach (180 gr)
- 1 onion (100 gr)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs (105gr)
- Grate the onion and sauté it in a pan.
- Add the spinach and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with the spinach and the onion, and add the grated cheese.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and pour the mixture in.
- Let it simmer, cover the pan and flip the omelette when it is dry on one side.
We recommend you read: 5 Healthy Spinach Recipes to Enjoy Every Day
4. Avocado and egg sandwich for a nutritious breakfast
Besides being delicious, avocados have a high nutritional value.
It’s a fruit rich in all kinds of nutrients. From folic acid, potassium, magnesium, iron, copper to vitamins B, C, D, E and K. Without a doubt, it will do your body a lot of good if you include it in your breakfast.
It’s also a very useful fruit for controlling cholesterol levels because it contains oleic acid. It serves to stabilize blood sugar levels, prevent constipation and strengthen bones.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (15gr)
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado (200 gr)
- 2 eggs (60gr)
- Using a fork, mash the avocado and spread it on the bread.
- Stir the eggs and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the eggs in the olive oil and stir until they are cooked.
- Once the eggs are ready, place them on the avocado bread and enjoy.