4 Recipes For A Family Barbecue
These four recipes for the grill are delicious and healthy. They're sure to be the centerpiece of a great day with family. The best part is, they're super easy to prepare!
With a little imagination, you can make memorable dishes. Everyone will definitely fall in love with the following recipes. Today, we’ll share four recipes you can make for a great family barbecue.
Recipes for a family barbecue
According to Wikipedia, barbecue is a cooking method, a style of food, and a name for a meal or gathering at which this style of food is cooked and served. Some people call a barbecue a cookout, and another word for the cooking method is grilling. Whatever you call it, they are great opportunities for family and friends to get together and enjoy great food. Are you ready to plan your barbecue? Here are four great recipes you can try today.
Argentinian barbecues are a popular family meal that prepared on top of a grill. The Argentinian cattle industry has earned international fame and gets a special nod from meat-lovers.
Try an Argentine barbecue for the next family reunion. You could also use local meat that’s prepared in the Argentinian style. Remember that beef is a good source of protein and other nutrients that are good for your health, according to a study from the Scientific World Journal.
- 1 kilo of beef tenderloin.
- ½ kilo of chorizo adobado.
- 5 tablespoons of sea salt (75 g).
- 1 bottle of Pilsner beer (355 mL).
- Cut the meat into chunks.
- Tenderize the meat with a meat hammer.
- Place the tenderized meat in a dish.
- Season with salt.
- Slowly pour the beer over the meat.
- Let it marinate for about 2 hours.
- Warm up a charcoal grill and, when ready, start grilling.
- Grill until the meat is ready according to your preference (we recommend cooking for at least 20 minutes).
- Grill some sausages next to the tenderloin for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve.
Read this article too: 7 Fascinating Ways to Use Charcoal in Your Home
2. Grilled chicken with mustard sauce
For a memorable family barbecue, you should try white meat instead of red. This recipe will be a hit for your guests because the mustard sauce makes the meat nice and juicy.
White meat is a great option for a healthy and balanced diet. According to a study published in Food and Nutrition Research, it contains easily-digestible proteins, unsaturated fats, B vitamins, and minerals such as iron, zinc, and copper.
- 3 tablespoons of mustard (65 g).
- 2 whole chickens, cut into pieces (1150 g).
- 1 pinch of dried, crushed chili (15 g).
- 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary (25 g).
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (50 mL).
- 1 generous cup of lemon juice (100 mL).
- 2 lemons and ½ cup of zest (60 g).
- Mix the following ingredients in a bowl: lemon juice, zest, Dijon mustard, rosemary and dried chili.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a little bit of salt.
- Thoroughly stir the ingredients.
- Place the chicken inside a plastic bag to marinate in the sauce at room temperature for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Season the chicken with salt before grilling. (You should grill until the skin is crispy, but not burnt).
- Grill the chicken for 10-12 minutes and flip it over (leave for another 10-12 minutes on the other side).
- Take it off the grill and plate with lemon slices (optional).
3. Pork ribs with barbecue sauce
Pork ribs are versatile and can be made with a variety of ingredients that enhance their flavor. For this recipe, warm spices and Worcestershire sauce are the stars of the show.
- 2 kilos of pork ribs
- 1 pinch of black pepper (15 g).
- ¼ teaspoon of salt (7 g).
- 1 tablespoon of powder garlic (15 g).
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar (35 g).
- 2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce (40 mL).
- 1 bottle of barbecue sauce (355 mL).
- The day before, marinate the uncooked ribs in the barbecue sauce in a container (preferably made of glass).
- Let it marinate overnight.
- The next day, remove the ribs and wrap each rack in aluminum foil. They should be well-sealed.
- Preheat the oven to 150º C.
- Back the ribs in a dish for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, move the ribs from the oven to the grill.
- Glaze the ribs with more barbecue sauce.
- Let them slightly caramelize on the outside (about 10 minutes on each side).
- Cut into individual portions and enjoy.
Check out this article too: Chicken Wings in BBQ Sauce Recipe
4. Chicken skewers
These chicken skewers won’t take too much time to prepare. As we mentioned in a previous recipe, chicken provides some important nutrients and it’s low in fat and calories.
- 3 minced cloves of garlic (15 g).
- 1 red onion (55 g).
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g).
- 2 chicken breasts (600 g).
- 1 cup of dressing for chicken (100 mL).
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (40 mL).
- Cube the chicken breasts.
- Cut the onion into large chunks.
- Season the breasts with salt, minced garlic, and dressing.
- Brush the oil onto the chicken (this will prevent them from burning).
- Skewer the chicken and onion, and keep on adding more in the same pattern until you completely fill up skewer.
- Drizzle on a little more dressing.
- Cook over a medium-heat grill (it’ll keep the chicken juicy).
- Brush more dressing onto each skewer if you’d like. We recommend you try it with with chimichurri sauce.
So, what are you waiting for? Share one of these delicious recipes with your family and friends at your next barbecue. Bon appetit!