With a little imagination, you can make memorable dishes. Everyone will definitely fall in love with the following recipes.
Recipes for a family barbecue
Argentinian barbecues are a popular family meal that prepared on top of a grill. The Argentinian cattle industry has earned international fame and gets a special nod from meat-lovers.
Go ahead a try am Argentine barbecue for the next family reunion. You could also use local meat that’s prepared by the Argentinian style. The recipe below will help you increase your protein intake and higher your levels of good cholesterol.
- 1 kilo of beef tenderloin.
- ½ kilo of chorizo adobado.
- 5 tablespoons of sea salt (75 g).
- 1 bottle of Pilsner beer (355 mL).
- Cut the meat into chunks.
- Tenderize the meat with a meat hammer.
- Place the tenderized meat in a dish.
- Season with salt.
- Slowly pour the beer over the meat.
- Let it marinate for about 2 hours.
- Warm up a charcoal grill and, when ready, start grilling.
- Grill until the meat is ready according to your preference (try grilling for at least 20 minutes).
- Grill some sausages next to the tenderloin for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve.
Read this article too: 7 Fascinating Ways to Use Charcoal in Your Home
2. Grilled chicken with mustard sauce
For a memorable family barbecue, you should try a white meat instead of a red one. This recipe will be a hit for your guest due its mustard sauce, which will make the meat nice and juicy.
- 3 tablespoons of mustard (65 g).
- 2 chickens, parted (1150 g).
- 1 pinch of dried, crushed chili (15 g).
- 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary (25 g).
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (50 mL).
- 1 generous cup of lemon juice (100 mL).
- 2 lemons and ½ cup of zest (60 g).
- Mix the following ingredients in a bowl: lemon juice, zest, Dijon mustard, rosemary and dried Chile.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a little bit of salt.
- Thoroughly stir the ingredients.
- Place the chicken inside a plastic bag to marinate in the sauce at room temperature for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat the grill to a medium-heat.
- Season the chicken with salt before grilling. (You should grill until the skin is crispy, but not burnt).
- Grill the chicken for 10-12 minutes and flip it over (leave for another 10-12 minutes on the other side).
- Take it off the grill and plate with lemon slices (optional).
3. Pork ribs with barbecue sauce
If you want to combine the art of grilling with the combination of proteins and healthy carbs, then these pork ribs are for you.
- 2 kilos of pork ribs
- 1 pinch of black pepper (15 g).
- ¼ teaspoon of salt (7 g).
- 1 tablespoon of powder garlic (15 g).
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar (35 g).
- 2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce (40 mL).
- 1 bottle of barbecue sauce (355 mL).
- The day before, marinate the uncooked ribs in the barbecue sauce in a container (preferably made of glass).
- Let it marinate overnight.
- The next day, remove the ribs and wrap each rack in aluminum foil. They should be well-sealed.
- Preheat the oven to 150º C.
- Back the ribs in a dish for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, move the ribs from the oven to the grill.
- Glaze the ribs with more barbecue sauce.
- Let them slightly caramelize on the outside (about 10 minutes on each side).
- Cut into individual portions and enjoy.
Check out this article too: Chicken Wings in BBQ Sauce Recipe
4. Chicken skewers
These chicken skewers won’t take too much time to prepare. Plus, chicken provides your body multiple essential nutrients, which makes this recipe a very healthy one.
- 3 minced cloves of garlic (15 g).
- 1 red onion (55 g).
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g).
- 2 chicken breasts (600 g).
- 1 cup of dressing for chicken (100 mL).
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (40 mL).
- Cube the chicken breasts.
- Cut the onion into large chunks.
- Season the breasts with salt, minced garlic and dressing.
- Brush the oil onto the chicken (this will prevent them from burning).
- Skewer the chicken and onion, and keep on adding more in the same pattern until you completely fill up skewer.
- Drizzle on a little more dressing.
- Cook over a medium-heat grill (it’ll keep the chicken juicy).
- Brush more dressing onto each skewer if you’d like. This goes well with chimichurri.