4 Reasons You Might Feel Heart Palpitations
Although the normal reaction is to be afraid when you feel palpitations, you don't have to worry since they can be caused by many different things. What you should do is see your doctor.
Everyone tells you to go to the doctor, but you won’t do it. You pretend that you don’t care, but on the inside you are afraid. You have been feeling heart palpitations for a while, but you don’t know why.
You are doing all the same things as before, suddenly this sensation appears and you are afraid that something serious is happening to you. However, when this happens, you decide to ignore it so that you don’t have to face this feeling that is taking over your mind.
Your friends and family are right. The best thing you can do is go see your doctor, even if it isn’t anything serious.
It can be the start of something serious, but it can also be controllable. Do you want to know what can cause them?
Why are you feeling heart palpitations?
1. You drink coffee and smoke
It could be something as simple as this. We have long, intense work days that we get through by drinking coffee or tea.
However, every nervous system is not the same. Some are more sensitive than others when it comes to these types of stimulants.
- Try to lessen your intake for two weeks, at least, and see how you feel
- If the heart palpitations disappear, but you feel fatigued, we suggest other ways such as morning exercise or stimulating smoothies.
If you smoke, it makes it worse. Nicotine is also a stimulant, that is why the cocktail is explosive.
- Quitting all at once is probably too hard.
- Ideally, try to reduce the number of cigarettes progressively, until you quit completely.
It usually comes with a pain, a heaviness, that makes us feel like we are suffering from a heart attack.
Anxiety is a state of permanent alertness. It works in the following way: a danger is perceived and the heart is activated so that you can get away from the threat as quickly as possible.
The problem comes when we see life in the same way, since these heart palpitations show up to scare us, even more than we already are. And we add another cause for anxiety.
- So, the only way to stop this loop is to see a doctor.
- You will get the relief of knowing that it isn’t anything physical, and you can put your hands to work detecting the cause of the problem so that it can be treated.
Anemia is produced when we have a low level of red blood cells. These are very important for the oxygenation of our heart. So, if you suffer from it, you feel heart palpitations, without an explanation for them.
- By not having an adequate diet, the heart has to work harder and we notice that our heart beat is stronger than normal.
- It isn’t strange for this to accompany the previous reason. When we notice this, our stress levels tend to rise, which aggravates our mood.
- Also, we get tired more easily. An easy set of stairs can tire us out and we won’t understand why.
The intensity of this depends on the level of your anemia.
4. Coronary or cardiovascular disease
It is true that feeling palpitations may be a sign that you suffer from this type of condition. It could be caused by an injury in the muscle, arteries or in the blood circulation.
In any case, the fact that it has manifested in this way is an advantage.
Many people discover that they have this type of condition when the situation is already very serious.
- However, these warnings help to locate the problem, before it gets worse. Keep in mind that when you suffer a heart attack, a part of the heart becomes unusable.
- But, if you take care of them, it is possible that you will only need a medication or minimal surgery.
- Remember that these days we have a large variety of solutions for heart related conditions.
Because of that, it is vital that you see your doctor as soon as possible. The doctors will find out what is happening and work to fix it.
Not doing so means turning your back on something that may not go away, that is why taking action quickly is essential. If it is something, you stop it. If it’s nothing, you can stop worrying.
You always win.