4 Plant-Based Hair Care Treatments
Your hair is part of your beautiful image and it also shows your health. While it can be affected by the passage of time, if you care for and nurture it every day you can retain its vitality and brilliance. To help you in this we’ll be sharing some plant-based hair care treatments with you in today’s article.
As you know, the regular use of hair dyes, curling irons, and hair dryers will damage your hair. That’s why you should use those products as little as possible and try some useful home remedies to heal it at the same time.
We’re sure that these simple, plant-based hair care treatments will be of use to you, helping you to continue to enjoy your beautiful hair.
Hair care treatments with thyme
- This herb has antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
- Thyme can be an excellent conditioner for your hair.
- If you have dry or damaged hair you’ll find it especially useful.
See also How to grow your hair faster
How to make a restorative hair mask
- 1 cup of thyme tea
- The yolk of an egg
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Firstly, you need to prepare the thyme tea. Just bring a cup of water to a boil and add a tablespoon of dried thyme. Once it has steeped, allow it to cool slightly.
- After that, separate the yolk of an egg and whisk it with the teaspoon of olive oil.
- Finally, mix the egg yolk and oil together with the thyme tea. You can use a blender to ensure they are well mixed.
- Massage this mask into damp hair, making sure to let it soak into the scalp. Then leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
Rosemary to fight hair lossHave you been noticing that your hairbrush is filled with hair or it’s accumulating in the drain in your shower? Don’t worry. It’s normal for you to experience some hair loss during periods of stress or hormonal changes.
Another one of our hair care treatments is to use rosemary water to stimulate new growth and strengthen the hair follicle. All you need to do is follow these easy steps.
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 cup of water
- It’s so simple. Firstly, infuse the rosemary sprigs with the hot water for 20 minutes. Then allow it to cool.
- After that, apply the liquid to damp hair using a gentle massage, and leave it on for 15 minutes. After that time, rinse and wash your hair with your usual moisturizing shampoo.
Sage to prevent and treat dandruffThey say that sage is one of the greatest herbs for women’s health, but did you also know that it’s great for adding strength and shine to your hair? And not only that – thanks to its natural enzymes and vitamins sage can help fight problems with dandruff.
Pay attention to how you can use it.
- 1 tablespoon of sage
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Firstly, you need to prepare a sage tea. It’s very easy. Just heat the water to a boil and add the sage for 20 minutes.
- After that time, allow it to cool and then add the two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this liquid to damp hair and leave it on for half an hour. Finally, rinse with warm water and wash with your regular shampoo. Repeat this three times a week.
Read more: 7 Home Remedies to Treat Dandruff
Cactus for dyed and damaged hairIf you’ve been dying your hair for many years, try this simple herbal remedy that uses the nopal cactus. This plant is ideal for repairing all types of damage to hair caused by exposure to the sun, the use of dyes, or hair dryers and curling irons.
- The nopal cactus is rich in calcium, potassium, phosphorus, sodium, vitamins A, B, B2, C, and K, as well as chlorophyll.
- It nourishes, repairs, and strengthens hair.
- Nopal will also help you fight hair loss and add lots of volume.
Read on to find out where you can buy it, and what to do:
- 3 tablespoons of the gel inside the nopal cactus leaf
- 5 drops of coconut essential oil
- The nopal cactus is very similar to the aloe vera plant. Firstly, to obtain the translucent gel inside the pad, you need to use a knife to carefully slice it open, lengthwise. Then scrape three tablespoons of the gel from the center.
- Add this to a bowl along with the five drops of coconut essential oil, which you can find in specialized natural stores or beauty supply shops. It’s great for improving the appearance of your hair.
- After that, blend these two ingredients until you get a smooth, creamy paste.
- Finally, apply it to damp hair from the roots to the tip, as if it were a mask. Then leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water and using your regular shampoo. Repeat this treatment twice a week.