Four Peel-off Gelatin Masks to Revitalize Your Skin
Rich in amino acids derived from collagen, peel-off gelatin-based masks will make your skin look like a movie star's!
Do you like Jell-O? It’s very likely that the answer is “yes”, because its taste and texture are really delicious. However, that’s not the only great thing about Jell-O– it’s good for your skin, too!
Try some of these masks and you’re sure to love the result and begin to use them a lot. The best thing is that they are extremely cheap, easy to make, and easy to apply.
What is gelatin?
Before you prepare any of these peel-off masks with gelatin, you’ll probably want to know some good reasons for using them on your face.
The first thing you should know is that gelatin is a compound of amino acids derived from collagen. Yes, that’s also the ingredient found in many of the super expensive creams you might buy to make yourself look better!
The two amino acids found within gelatin in large quantities are glycine and proline. Both are derived from bones, cartilage, and other similar animal organs.
These amino acids are essential for having soft skin and promoting hair and nail growth. In if that isn’t enough, they also improve immunity and regulate body weight.
What product should I use for these peel-off gelatin masks?
A common question asked about these peel-off masks is whether any type of Jell-O can be used.
The answer is “No”. The only kind you should use for these recipes is the one that is flavorless, called gelatin. It’s very economical and you can buy it in small, very thin sheets, or in powdered form.
Try out both of these forms if you’ve never used them, and find out which one is the easiest to use.
Check out this article: 11 Benefits of Clear Gelatin You’ll Want To Know About
1. Peel-off gelatin mask with kiwi and papaya
Do you need your skin to look softer and free from visible dead cells? Try this option. When you remove this mask, you will see how it removes all the small flakes that make your skin look dull.
- 2 tbsp of gelatin
- 1/2 cup of papaya juice
- 1/2 cup of kiwi juice
- Mix the juices and add the gelatin little by little.
- Heat all the ingredients on high and stir constantly until mixed well.
- Once the three ingredients are mixed well, remove them from the heat and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the gelatin is slightly firm, but still liquid.
- Apply the mask to your recently cleansed face and let it dry completely.
- Begin to take the mask off starting from the chin up to your forehead.
- Wash your face with cold water to eliminate all residue.
Kiwi and papaya juice are rich in vitamin C and enzymes. This makes them ideal for giving your face a healthy glow, while the gelatin eliminates impurities. Apply the mask once a week.
2. Cucumber lemon peel-off gelatin masks
Besides dead cells, do you also have acne and scars on your face? In that case, we recommend this mask. The acidity of the lemon will facilitate the elimination of the deepest impurities, while cucumber hydrates your skin.
- 2 tbsp of powdered gelatin
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Peel the cucumber and cut it into chunks.
- Blend the cucumber and lemon juice in a blender.
- Pour the mixture into a small pot and place it on low heat.
- Add the gelatin and mix constantly until it becomes thick.
- Remove it from heat and let it cool until you can apply it easily to your face.
- Leave it on your face until it dries completely.
- Remove the mask from the chin up and wash your face with cold water.
- Apply your preferred hydrating face cream.
It’s important to avoid constant exposure to the sun for a few days after applying this mask.
3. Milk gelatin mask
This peel-off gelatin mask works very well for removing blackheads. The lactic acid from the milk can remove the deepest blemishes so that the gelatin can work more easily.
- 1 tbsp of gelatin
- 1 Tbsp of milk
- Mix the gelatin with the milk until it is dissolved completely.
- Put the mixture into the microwave and heat for 5 seconds.
- Let it cool a bit and then apply it to your “T” zone, or wherever you have blackheads.
- Let the mask dry before peeling it off from the chin up.
- Wash your face with cold water and repeat once per week.
Also read: 6 Face Masks for Smooth Skin
4. Aloe vera and green tea mask
This peel-off face mask is ultra-refreshing and hydrating. We recommend it if you have a sunburn and your skin is suffering the consequences.
- 3 tbsp of gelatin
- 2 Tbsp of aloe vera gel
- 1/4 cup of green tea
- While the green tea is still hot, add the gelatin and aloe vera to it.
- Mix well until the mixture has a pasty consistency.
- When the paste is warm, apply it to your face and let it dry completely.
- Remove the mask and eliminate the rest with cold water, without rubbing your skin.
If your sunburn is severe, you can apply some aloe vera gel after the mask. This will help reduce discomfort faster.