Read on and get started on preparing these deliciously simple desserts!
1. Chocolate pudding
Chocolate with a high percentage of cacao (not the industrial kind) has plenty of good stuff for our health (in moderation, of course).
- It’s rich in magnesium, which makes it a great source of energy for the body.
- Cacao provides a feeling of well-being because it contains tryptophan, an essential amino-acid for serotonin production (also known as the “happy hormone”).
- In addition to being a rich source of antioxidants and flavonoids, it contains high amounts of soluble fiber, regenerates the skin and improves blood circulation.
Know that you know about its benefits, read on to learn how to prepare chocolate pudding.
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of cacao powder (75 g)
- Cut the banana into thin slices and put them in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture has the consistency of baby food.
- Gradually add the cacao power, adding it according to your taste.
- Blend until both ingredients are tightly blended together.
- Serve in small cups and let them set in the fridge for at least three hours.
- You can decorate the pudding with a strawberry or with a little dusting of powdered sugar if you’d like.
We recommend that you read: Chocolate Benefits Cognitive Functions
2. Strawberry ice cream
Strawberries, in addition to being a great refreshment, store a huge amount of health benefits.
- They boast vitamins B, C and E as well as fiber, which makes them great for regulating the digestive system.
- Thanks to their high water content, strawberries act as a detox. They’re antioxidants and low in calories.
- The strawberry is anti-inflammatory, helps reduce and prevent constipation and regulates healthy bowel movements.
Prepare this delicious and refreshing ice cream. Enjoy the flavors as you provide your body with vitamins and nutrients.
- 1 cup of diced strawberries (150 g)
- A cup of heavy cream (225 g)
- 1 cup of sugar (120 g)
- Wash and dice the strawberries, removing them from their stems.
- Put the strawberries in a food processor and blend until into a puree.
- Dump out the mixture into a bowl and add in heavy cream and sugar.
- Using a hand mixer, blend the ingredients together until reaching desired consistency.
- Pour mixture into a pan and cover with plastic film. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
3. Mango mousse
- This tropical fruit is rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium and copper.
- It also provides us with vitamins A and C as well as with fiber. Mango aids in digestion, is a source of antioxidants and reduces levels of bad cholesterol.
- Mango also prevents acid reflux and strengthens bones thanks to its high vitamin K content.
- In addition, mango is low in oxalates and has plenty of water and fiber, so it protects our kidneys from forming stones.
Below, we’ll show you a recipe that’s simpler than simple so you can enjoy it, especially in hot seasons.
- 1 cup of milk (250 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of flavorless gelatin (30 g)
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 natural flavor yogurt (125 gr)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar (20 g)
- First, heat up the milk.
- When the milk is just about to come to a boil, add in the gelatin and stir until it’s dissolved completely into the milk.
- Cut the mango into small cubes and mix them in a separate bowl with the natural flavored yogurt and sugar.
- Pour the mixture into the milk and whip together for a few minutes until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Serve in small cups or bowls and let set in the fridge for 5 hours.
As a decoration, you can add more mango pieces or any other fruit of your choice.
4. Arroz con leche
This recipe is the queen of fast, cheap homemade desserts.
It also provides you with health benefit because rice is a great source of energy and it contains high levels of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
It’s heart healthy thanks to its low levels of cholesterol. In addition, it boasts antioxidant properties and controls blood pressure.
- 4 cups of milk (1 liter)
- ¾ cup of sugar (125 g)
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon (20 g)
- 1 cup of white rice (200 g)
- In a large pot, pour in the milk with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Wash the rice in a colander until the water coming from the rice becomes clearer: this step is for removing the starch from the rice.
- When the milk comes to a boil, add the rice (having strained it previously).
- Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon until the rice has completely absorbed the milk.
- Let cook for 50 minutes. The trick is to cook it until the grains of rice become soft, while making sure that the milk doesn’t evaporate completely.
- When you see that it’s just right, take off heat and add in more cinnamon if you want your arroz con leche to be sweeter.
You can also add in condensed milk before you serve it. It’ll give your dessert a wonderful flavor.