Four Nutritious Fruit-Based Breakfast Ideas
Eating nutritious fruit, protein, and cereal-based breakfasts will keep you healthy and also ensures your body gets the energy it needs during the day. Therefore, these breakfast ideas will allow you to enjoy delicious food combinations.
The nutritional properties of fruits are especially beneficial to your body. They help incorporate – in a very simple way -nutrients, thus improving your eating habits. Also, nutritious fruit-based breakfasts hydrate your body, which in turn will be reflected in your skin.
Breakfast ideas: lots of fruit
The importance of having fruits during breakfast lies in the fact that this is the perfect time to benefit from fructose in order to curve your sugar cravings. This includes cravings for sweets and refined sugars.
The properties are especially beneficial after many hours of overnight fasting. Fruit sugars are easily digested in the morning, which means they give you a lot of energy.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends consuming several pieces of natural fruit throughout the day. Ideally, about 400 grams per day.
Nutritious fruit-based breakfast ideas
Fruits are very versatile foods and their many flavors and textures can really please your taste buds. The best thing you can do is try different combinations so you don’t get bored of always eating the same thing.
Here are four delicious fruit-based breakfast ideas to kick-start your day.
1. Plain yogurt with red berries and chia seeds
Yogurt is a classic probiotic that helps preserve your intestinal flora, improves digestion and the absorption of nutrients. It also helps boost your immune system.
You can get a powerful nutritious fruit-based breakfast by combining the antioxidant vitamins of red berries and “good fats” (omegas 3 and 6). Also, it’s delicious!
To prepare your healthy breakfast, you’ll need the following:
- 3/4 c. of plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. of red berries
- 1 tbsp. of chia seeds
- Firstly, mix together all the ingredients
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before eating so the chia seeds moisten and thus become easier to digest
2. Oatmeal pancakes with honey and strawberries
Traditional pancakes are delicious, but provide little to no fiber and a lot of bad carbs. To improve their nutritional contents, it’s a good idea to change the recipe and make delicious oatmeal pancakes.
Here are the ingredients you need in order for you to know what needs to be replaced compared to the traditional recipe.
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/3 c. of rolled oats
- 2 egg whites
- Strawberries and honey (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 3 tbsp. of almond milk (you can also use cow milk)
- Beat the egg whites until they’re frothy
- Then, add the coconut oil and almond milk while you continue beating to ensure it mixes thoroughly
- Thirdly, add the oats, cinnamon, and salt
- Then, if the mix looks too thick, add a tablespoon of milk or some water
- Cook these pancakes exactly like you would traditional ones. Pour some pancake batter in a non-stick frying pan and cook on both sides; let it sit for several minutes.
- Finally, serve the pancakes with fruits and anything else you’d like. So, enjoy them with fresh strawberries and organic honey.
3. Whole wheat toast with ricotta, pears, and walnuts
This is the perfect choice for people who enjoy sweet and sour combinations of fruits, dairy products, and bread. To make this recipe, you must have fresh ricotta, thinly sliced pears, chopped walnuts, and slices of whole wheat bread.
- Firstly, toast the slices of whole wheat bread, slice the pears, and chop the walnuts. Then, spread the ricotta cheese on the toast, place the pear slices, and finally sprinkle some walnuts on top.
- Finally, the recommended portion is 1 to 2 slices per person
You might want to Learn About The Properties Of These Ten Nuts
4. Kefir-peach-banana protein shake
Kefir is a natural probiotic that benefits your immune, digestive, and cardiovascular systems. To include it in your fruit-based breakfast, just replace milk with kefir to prepare a protein shake.
- 1/2 a banana
- 1 medium peach
- 1/2 c. of kefir
- Firstly, blend all three ingredients
- Finally, you’ll get a really thick shake that you can eat with a spoon
Varied, delicious breakfast ideas
There are many other nutritious breakfast ideas that can help you vary and complement your diet in a healthy way, and many of them include several pieces of fresh fruit. Take advantage of them!
Remember that to have good health and to avoid eating the same thing every day, it’s important to try to keep variety in your meals. So, don’t limit yourself to the same old three recipes and let all your creativity come out, your body will reward you with good health, energy and vitality!