Four Natural Ways to Elevate Your Platelet Count
The disease known as Thrombocytopenia occurs when your blood platelet level is extremely low. Because of the danger of having low platelets, natural remedies can be used to raise elevate your platelet count.
More than natural remedies, these are recipes rich in various nutrients that serve to supplement the diet and thus help the body to recover. They have two great added advantages: they are easy to prepare and they taste delicious.
Natural remedies to raise your platelet count
Platelets are also known as ‘thrombocytes’, which are produced in the bone marrow. Their main function is to stop bleeding by facilitating the clotting process and to plug damaged blood vessels.
Thrombocytopenia is diagnosed when the body is unable to produce enough platelets, loses them, or destroys them.
In addition to the treatment prescribed by the physician, diet plays a fundamental role in the recovery process. It’s therefore essential to pay attention to what you eat and try to follow a varied and balanced diet.
To help you with this, below we will reveal the delicious recipes of natural remedies to raise platelets.
1. Garlic soup
Garlic has sulfurous components that, according to popular beliefs, could contribute to platelet aggregation, thus preventing the formation of clots. Therefore, this food is considered to be one of the natural remedies to raise platelets.
- 6 eggs
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Ham (50 g)
- Hard or toasted bread (150 g)
- 6 cups of natural broth (1200 ml), made by dissolving 1 cube of vegetable bouillon in water
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon of paprika (4 g)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of parsley (5 g)
- Set the slices of bread to fry in a pan using olive oil until they are golden brown.
- When they’re ready, remove them from heat and saute the garlic.
- Add the chopped onion to the garlic and then remove from heat.
- Add the paprika, then return to heat and add the ham.
- Pour the vegetable broth to a large pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add all prior ingredients to the mix.
- Then, add the parsley, and slowly cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Using oven-proof bowls made of glass or ceramic, separate the soup into six bowls and break an egg into each one.
- Then, put them in the oven heated to 350 until each egg begins to set.
Read also : The benefits of black garlic
According to experts from the Spanish Nutrition Foundation, broccoli’s a source of protein, potassium, vitamin C, folates, and sulfur compounds.
Broccoli, cabbage, kale, chard, and spinach contain vitamin K, an essential nutrient in the recovery process, as platelets need it for the clotting process.
Take advantage of the fact that, besides being one of the natural remedies to raise platelets, it’s a food that can be enjoyed in many ways and combined with all kinds of ingredients.
- 4 cups of raw broccoli florets
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds (200 g)
- Chopped almonds or pecans
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds (18 g)
- A cup of steamed carrots (115 g)
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt (12.5 g)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (20 g)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Wash the broccoli and chop it into small pieces.
- Spread the broccoli on a deep plate along with the carrots, mixing both ingredients.
- Mix the yogurt, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Dress the salad with this mixture.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Finally, add a little olive oil and garnish with chopped nuts.
See also : Easy to make homemade yogurt
You can drink this tri-flavored juice at breakfast, preferably before eating your first meal. This is because in addition to raising platelets, it will provide you with a good dose of vitamins and minerals.
- A carrot
- 1 small beet
- A medium cucumber
- 1 orange
- A stalk of celery
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Start by washing all of your ingredients.
- Next, slice them into medium pieces so they will fit in the blender. Add the cup of water and blend everything until you have a homogeneous beverage.
4-Lentils and vegetables
Studies have shown that lentils are high in polyphenols, iron, fiber, and potassium, which make them a good source of nutrients. For this reason, they’re part of our recommendations for natural remedies to elevate your platelet count.
- 200 grams of lentils
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- ½ of a green bell pepper
- ½ of a red bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (10 ml)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups of water (750 ml)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of paprika (4 g)
- First, wash the lentils and place them into a saucepan with the water, bay leaf, paprika, and a pinch of salt.
- Let these ingredients cook over low heat.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and garlic and pan fry them with some olive oil until they are golden brown.
- Then, remove them from the oil and add them to the lentil mixture.
- In the same pan, saute the bell peppers in oil and add a little salt.
- Next, add the peeled and chopped carrot for a few more minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked to your liking, remove them from heat.
- The lentils should be tender after about 30 minutes, at which time you should remove them from heat and let them cool before serving.
Are there other natural remedies to elevate your platelet count?
Yes, there are other preparations that can be considered natural remedies and that can help you raise your platelets and recover. But keep in mind that the most important thing is that you follow the treatment prescribed by your doctor and at the same time maintain variety and balance in your diet.
If you have any doubts about how to follow an adequate diet for your needs, we recommend consulting with a nutritionist.It might interest you...