4 Natural Home Remedies to Eliminate Acne Scars
Aloe rejuvenates your skin, lemon acts as a natural whitener, while turmeric is anti-inflammatory. These ingredients are excellent to eliminate acne scars.
If you’re looking for a remedy to eliminate acne scars, pay special attention to these options.
You know that fighting this problem is unpleasant, and this isn’t easy to hide. Luckily, you can rely on some choices to get rid of these marks on your skin, so don’t worry.
Causes of Acne Scars
There are many causes of acne scars. If you want to lean exactly why you have them, it’s best to consult a dermatologist.
If you don’t have the time or money to see a specialist, here are a few of the most common causes:
- Presence of excessive grease in your skin. Too much oil and grease prevents proper perspiration. This causes blocked pores that can complicate scarring when you pop a pimple.
- Accumulation of bacteria. The bacteria spread around hair follicles. When you don’t wash your face well enough, these bacteria increase acne.
- Incorrect elimination of acne. Although having acne bothers you, it’s important that you don’t try to get rid of your pimples in the wrong ways. This includes popping pimples, using irritating elements, and scrubbing with rough or overused sponges.
In this article, we’ll share a series of natural remedies that are efficient in getting rid of scarring caused by acne.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a natural skin rejuvenator that’s extremely effective. It helps get rid of acne scars thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
You have two options to use it:
- Take a tablespoon of aloe vera (15 ml) and massage your clean face in circular motions.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and rinse it with cool water.
- We recommend you repeat this massage 3 times per week.
If the acne is a real problem, try the next recipe. In addition to eliminating the scars, it also helps fight the appearance of pimples.
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera (15 ml)
- 5 drops of tea tree essential oil
- Combine the two ingredients and apply to the affected areas.
- Remove it after 15 minutes.
- Apply this mask daily at night before going to bed.
Check out this article: How to Get Healthier Hair with Aloe
Lemon acts as a natural whitening agent. Therefore, it’s the perfect option to eliminate acne scars and other marks on your skin.
It also eliminates dead cells, which facilitates the regeneration of the skin and its elasticity. The vitamin C present in lemon is fundamental to collagen production.
Try the following methods to undo the problem:
- For normal skin: Extract the juice from the lemon and apply it directly to your scars with a cotton ball. Let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse off. Apply it twice per day to repair the damage as quick as possible.
- For oily skin: Honey prevents your skin from drying out while also controlling grease. Take the juice from one lemon and combine it with 1 teaspoon of honey (5 ml). Apply it to your scars and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse it and repeat every day.
- For dry skin. Combine 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with the contents of a vitamin E capsule. Apply it to clean skin and let it sit overnight. In the morning, wash your face and repeat this every day.
We recommend you avoid this remedy if you have sensitive skin or if you’re in the sun for long periods of time every day.
3. Apple Vinegar
Apple vinegar is very popular both in and out of food. In terms of beauty, it’s a great clarifying tonic for acne scars. This is due to its incredible astringent properties.
Applying it to your skin betters your blood circulation and regenerates your skin. Also, it balances your pH level and prevents bacteria from spreading.
Try the following remedies and choose your favorite:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple vinegar (15 ml) and 1 tablespoon of water (15 ml). Apply the liquid with a cotton ball to the affected area. Let it sit overnight and wash your face the following morning.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of apple vinegar (30 ml) with 1/2 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of honey (30 ml). Apply it with a cotton ball and take it off after 15 minutes. Repeat daily.
Also read: Apple Cider Vinegar for Healthy Weight Loss
Turmeric has been used for centuries in India for its antimicrobial, antioxidant, and astringent properties. The key ingredient is curcumin, the element that gives it its color.
Since it’s an excellent anti-inflammatory agent, we recommend turmeric if your acne produces large, red pimples. Try the following recipes:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder (15 g) with lemon juice. Apply the paste to the areas with acne scars and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse it off and repeat it twice per day.
- Create a paste with 1 tablespoon on turmeric powder (15 g), 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt (15 ml) and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil (15 ml). Combine it all and apply it to your scars. Let it sit until it’s dry and rinse it off with cool water. Apply it 3 times per week.
It’s not that hard to fight acne scars now, right?