4 Infusions with Honey to Improve Your Health
Honey is an organic product that has been a part of human life for thousands of years, where it’s also been used in infusions with honey. Bees produce it from the transformation of the nectar from flowers. In fact, its main purpose is to provide nourishment for the hive.
Due to its composition, it has been a source of food and energy for people, as well. Overall, it contains a complex mixture of carbohydrates, water, and a small proportion of proteins, vitamins, minerals, and phenolic compounds, among other minor constituents, according to the authors of a recent study.
Various medicinal properties are attributed to it. In fact, several of them have been proven, such as the presence antioxidants, antibacterial, and antibiotics, as well as a high concentration of enzymes and antioxidants that protect the body.
The most interesting thing is that it can be easily combined with other ingredients to obtain natural remedies that improve the quality of life. Below, we want to share four different ways to use it so that you don’t hesitate to take advantage of its properties. Take note!
1. Infusions with Honey: A honey, lemon, androsemary infusion
This infusion of honey and lemon is one of the traditional remedies to relieve throat discomfort or the general discomfort of the common cold, flu, and colds.
Here’s how to make it.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- The juice from one lemon
- 1 cup of rosemary honey (335 g)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest (10 g)
- First, add the cup of honey to a pot. Then, heat it in a double boiler for about 10 minutes.
- As it heats up, add the zest and the lemon juice as well.
- After the recommended time, remove it from the heat. Wait for it to cool down, and then store the mixture in a jar.
- Dilute two tablespoons of the liquid in a cup of warm water for consumption.
- Drink two or three cups a day.
2. Infusions with Honey: Honey, ginger, and cinnamon
The three ingredients in this infusion are characterized by their analgesic, antibiotic, and energizing properties. According to some, its regular intake strengthens the immune system. In fact, it may help do the following:
- Protect the throat
- Facilitate the elimination of toxins
- Prevent premature aging
- Increase your metabolism and promote weight loss in those who are overweight
- Help prevent fatigue and stress and increase energy levels
- 1 liter of water
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons of fresh ginger (50 g)
- 4 tablespoons of honey (100 g)
- First, heat the water. Then, when it reaches a boil, add the ginger and cinnamon.
- Lower the heat and then let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Next, wait for it to cool down and add the four tablespoons of honey.
- Have a cup on an empty stomach. Repeat the dose before each main meal.
3. Infusions with Honey: Cloves and honey
The analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties of cloves combine with the nutrients in honey to combat various types of ailments.
This infusion can be consumed for the relief of toothache, irritation, and sore throats. However, if you like the flavor, it can also be consumed before going to work out, since honey is an energizing food.
- 10 cloves
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 cup of honey (335 g)
- First, heat the cup of honey in a bain-marie and add the 10 cloves.
- Lower the heat. Let it cook for 10 minutes. Then, pour it into a jar with a lid.
- When it’s settled, heat a cup of water and add two tablespoons of the preparation.
- Consume two cups a day.
4. An infusion with apple cider vinegar and honey
This infusion with apple cider vinegar and honey is an alkaline drink that regulates the pH of the blood and also favors the elimination of toxins. This is because both ingredients have anti-inflammatory, cleansing, and antioxidant properties.
- 5 teaspoons of honey (25 g).
- 1 cup of water (250 ml).
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (5 ml).
- Heat the cup of water. Add the tablespoon of honey and apple cider vinegar.
- After it cools, consume it in sips, preferably on an empty stomach.
- Repeat the same dose every morning, for a minimum of two weeks.
Remember that the properties of these natural infusions with honey depend on the quality of the products used. Make sure you buy 100% organic honey, since some presentations are made with sugar and chemical additives and are not as effective.