Four Homemade Low-Calorie Desserts
Everybody loves desserts. In this article we show you several low-calorie recipes for desserts that can be easily made at home.
After enjoying a lovely meal or lunch, there’s nothing better than having low-calorie desserts.We all love desserts and they are always an excellent complement to our meals.
But what if we’re also trying to stay healthy?
Low-calorie desserts are an excellent option if we want to live healthily.
In this article, we’ll show you several low-calorie recipes for homemade desserts. So get ready to make delicious treats that you’ll love but won’t contribute significantly to your caloric intake. Yes, you can enjoy a delicious dessert without having to sacrifice your diet!
The first of the low-calorie desserts is low in calories so you can enjoy it without feeling guilty.
- A lemon zest (3 g)
- 1 cup of water (200 mL)
- The juice of 1 lemon (45 mL)
- 4 sheets of unflavored gelatin
- 1 jar of light cheese spread (200 g)
- 1 cup of green tea which has already been steeped (200 mL)
- 2 eggs – separate the egg yolks – (120 g)
- First, mix the tea with the gelatin sheets (which you should previously hydrate in cold water).
- Then, add the 200 mL of water, the lemon zest and the juice.
- Beat 2 egg yolks and add this to the previous mix. Mix vigorously.
- After, add the spreadable cheese and your favorite sweetener. Mix it well.
- Make sure the egg whites are fluffy and fold them into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a container and put it in the freezer until it starts to harden.
- Take it out of the freezer and stir well so that it does not crystallize. Put it back into the freezer.
- Repeat the two previous steps until you get the desired consistency, which should be creamy.
No homemade low-calorie dessert list is complete without coconut flan. This nutritious flan can accompany any food, at any time of year. Coconut stands out for its high content of mineral salts, especially magnesium.
- A pinch of salt.
- 1 whole coconut (2.5 kg)
- Zest of half a lemon (1.5 g)
- 1 cup of skimmed milk (200 mL)
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut rum (2.5 mL)
- 3 tablespoons of corn starch (15 g)
- 1/2 cup low-fat coconut milk (100 mL)
- 1/2 cup skimmed condensed milk (100 mL)
- First, open the coconut and save half a cup of its water.
- Then, mix the water with the skimmed milk.
- In a pot, place the cornstarch along with the previous mix.
- Beat until you get a creamy mixture without lumps.
- In another bowl, beat the coconut milk with the lemon zest, condensed milk and a pinch of salt. Add this to the previous mix.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, beating constantly until the consistency is thick.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the coconut rum, stirring constantly.
- Prepare your individual molds by rubbing them with butter and pour the mixture into them.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator until it’s well set.
- Remove from the mold, place on a plate and decorate to taste.
This is another low-calorie homemade dessert that provides a generous amount of vitamin C due to the strawberries and kiwi.
- 1 kiwi (10 g)
- 1 pear (30 g)
- 4 strawberries (10 g)
- 1 banana or plantain (120 g)
- Mint leaves for decoration
- Wash the strawberries well and remove the stem. Dry them with kitchen paper.
- Then, peel the rest of the fruit.
- Cut the fruit, except for the strawberries, into small pieces and spread them on the wooden skewers.
- Put the skewers on the grill for a moment and serve immediately.
- Decorate with mint leaves.
- If you like, you can pour some skimmed yogurt onto the skewers.
Tofu flan is a low-calorie homemade dessert, but it also provides many nutrients. Tofu provides protein and iron and is free of cholesterol.
- 120 g of tofu.
- 4 eggs (240 g)
- 2 large strawberries (5 g)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder (5 g)
- A tbsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener (5 g)
- A cup of soy milk (200 mL)
- 1 cup of skimmed milk (200 mL)
- Blend the eggs, skimmed milk, soy milk, tofu and sweetener in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Pour into molds of your choice, cook in a bain-marie and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the molds and when they are cold, put them in the fridge.
- Serve with some sliced strawberries.
- Enjoy all the rich low-calorie homemade desserts and try some more ingredients. Here’s a clue: nuts and seeds go really well with it!